Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X-Fest West!!

West Coast XRs - Would you attend X-Fest West??

• Total voters

Inarticulate

Reaction score
I'm kinda partial to Vegas, of course. :biggrin: But anywhere close and I would be in, too.:top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
But anywhere close and I would be in, too.:top:

Don't take this the wrong way, and I am in no way trying to be a prick here, but in order for these big events to work - people have to get over this mentality. The reality is that for the vast majority of people, it's not going to be close. You pick a centralized location so that everyone has about the same drive. I think the average drive for X-Fest ATL was around 8 hours. The event has to be important enough to drive a distance for it. And if you get a convoy and some FRS radios - trust me, an 8-9 hour drive isn't that bad at all. :top:

07speedwayblue

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd drive halfway across the country. I like driving my truck. :)
As with everything though. I have to wait until my finances are replenished, which could be a month. :).

x-stealth

Reaction score
what about stateline? This is right on the border of NV and CA on the I-15. This would make it super easy to find and they still have a few hotels out there. I know they have an outlet mall so if you had to bring the wife theres somewhere to dump her off at. I know the Las Vegas SCCA has events out the about every month. Maybe we could contract them to do a XR only event! Just another idea.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
One of the places that I'm awaiting responses from is South Lake Tahoe. The reason this wasn't my first suggestion is it puts all the AZ drivers about 12 hours out. But if they are willing to make that drive Tahoe may be a good location.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
I would go if it were about 4 hours away, but my wife and I both work full time and we have 5 and 2 year old kids. I could only go if it were for a few hours on one of the days. This said, it would have to be close to home. Sorry! I guess I'll just have to try to get to the Huntington meet this Saturday instead (would rather it were just an XR-U meet though...).

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I would go if it were about 4 hours away, but my wife and I both work full time and we have 5 and 2 year old kids. I could only go if it were for a few hours on one of the days. This said, it would have to be close to home. Sorry! I guess I'll just have to try to get to the Huntington meet this Saturday instead (would rather it were just an XR-U meet though...).

Vegas is only about 3-4 hours from San Gabriel. Vegas would be ideal for the AZ people. Based on our member map we have more members in AZ versus in the NW. No offense to you guys up north, but majority usually rules. We will try to get something that will make everyone happy.

Last edited:

Spyder327

Reaction score
Lake Havasu would be awesome, im sure it'd be way too expensive though...

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Lake Havasu would be awesome, im sure it'd be way too expensive though...

well not necessarily...I'll give them a call and get some quotes for lodging and everything.

How much did people pay for X-Fest Atl tickets??

Spyder327

Reaction score
well not necessarily...I'll give them a call and get some quotes for lodging and everything.

I've been there before and can tell you Havasu is bad ass.

it was $35, or $70 to include kart racing. That didn't include hotel

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

There were two ticket options, one for $35 and one for $70. Both tickets included the following:
1. An X-Fest T-shirt
2. XRU Vinyl Sticker
3. All-you-can-eat food at the BBQ on Saturday
4. Entry into a Raffle to win one of three items
--- 4a. Meguires detailing kit
--- 4b. Nokya yellow fog lit bulbs
--- 4c. WeatherTech Floor Liners (Grand Prize)

The $70 ticket included two 8 minute go-kart races (group rate) at Andretti Karting on Saturday. The only reason we sold this ticket was to get the group rate, I had to pay for all the tickets on my credit card. Hotel fees were not included in the ticket price and were paid individually upon arrival.

Jonathan

Reaction score
There were two ticket options, one for $35 and one for $70. Both tickets included the following:
1. An X-Fest T-shirt
2. XRU Vinyl Sticker
3. All-you-can-eat food at the BBQ on Saturday
4. Entry into a Raffle to win one of three items
--- 4a. Meguires detailing kit
--- 4b. Nokya yellow fog lit bulbs
--- 4c. WeatherTech Floor Liners (Grand Prize)

The $70 ticket included two 8 minute go-kart races at Andretti Karting on Saturday. Hotel fees were not included in the ticket price and were paid individually upon arrival.

who won the detailing kit? didnt see that one go.... also...who was the first person to win the weathertech floor liners? you said they were not eligable....but glenn said his name wasnt in there? you can pm me if you dont want to post it :laugh:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
who won the detailing kit?

Well, Geoff (Tacomatosed) won the Yellow fog light bulbs, but he already had some. So Glen and I found something else that he wanted in the same price range - so we got him the detailing kit.

also...who was the first person to win the weathertech floor liners? you said they were not eligable....but glenn said his name wasnt in there?

Rob Welsh was actually pulled for the yellow fog light bulbs - Justin was the first and only name pulled for the floor mats. Rob's name wasn't supposed to be in there since he was kind of a vendor - and they wouldn't have done him any good on the Tundra anyway (wouldn't have fit). That was an "oops" on my part.

Xample

Reaction score
Well, Geoff (Tacomatosed) won the Yellow fog light bulbs, but he already had some. So Glen and I found something else that he wanted in the same price range - so we got him the detailing kit.

Rob Welsh was actually pulled for the yellow fog light bulbs - Justin was the first and only name pulled for the floor mats. Rob's name wasn't supposed to be in there since he was kind of a vendor - and they wouldn't have done him any good on the Tundra anyway (wouldn't have fit). That was an "oops" on my part.
I WOULD HAVE TAKEN THEM....ALONG WITH THE FOG LIGHT MOD WE WERE SUPPOSED TO DO...LOL:wink:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I WOULD HAVE TAKEN THEM....ALONG WITH THE FOG LIGHT MOD WE WERE SUPPOSED TO DO...LOL:wink:

Dood - where were you Saturday night when Steven and I were going around the parking lot doing Fog Light Mods??? We did em... drunky! :laugh:

Spyder327

Reaction score
Dood - where were you Saturday night when Steven and I were going around the parking lot doing Fog Light Mods??? We did em... drunky! :laugh:

lol i was in the parking lot saturday night and dont even remember that happening :laugh:

FuCt

Reaction score
back to topic. North north north! How far is it vancouver Canada to vegas? How about to Stateline?

Top Bottom