Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X-Runner Decals

X-Pablo

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anybody here also visits the ToyotaNation site, on the tacoma thread there is a guy named sockmonkey who creates some awesome TRD & Tacoma decals.

He doesn't have any X-Runner decals but I have the logo and sent it to him to see if he could make a decal and then I also created a TRD X-Runner logo.

Pictures below, he would only make them if he could sell a few decals, he hasn't mentioned prices or quanties but just putting something out here to see if there is any interest from fellow XR entusiasts.

X-Runner-Logo.jpg

TRD-XRunner.jpg

Attachments

• X-Runner-Logo.jpg
    X-Runner-Logo.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 719
  • TRD-XRunner.jpg
    TRD-XRunner.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 330
Last edited by a moderator:

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
are you kidding me? dude if you could have him make that TRD decal with the xrunner logo in it, i am SO down. Have him make it look EXACTLY like the ones from toyota and the same size and you got your first order

DanNolan

Reaction score
I can vouch for sock, His work is high quality. Cant go wrong there.

xXLuckyiAMXx07

Reaction score
dang that would look pretty sick on my truck.. rear fenders im thinking of putting them.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would be very careful selling these. The seller is really opening himself to a potential lawsuit, or at the least a cease and desist, from Toyota. I'm certain those logos are trademarked or have some type of protection associated with them to ensure their proper usage and distribution. That's why you don't see X-Runner or Toyota logos on any of our materials.

Just a bit of a friendly warning. Trying to help.

Tapp

Reaction score
I would be very careful selling these. The seller is really opening himself to a potential lawsuit, or at the least a cease and desist, from Toyota. I'm certain those logos are trademarked or have some type of protection associated with them to ensure their proper usage and distribution. That's why you don't see X-Runner or Toyota logos on any of our materials.

Just a bit of a friendly warning. Trying to help.

yea i was just gonna say the samething... toyota is very picky with things like this..

05 X-R

Reaction score
If you "give" them away with the purchase of something else, like say a hat or coffee cup, then you should be fine. In theory anyways.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Not the case.

Toyota put a cease and desist on a website "giving" away desktop wallpapers featuring the Toyota logo.

05 X-R

Reaction score
Well... then I dont know. But I do see this being an issue.

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
If he could make TRD and xrunner sticker seperate im down for that......:top:

05 X-R

Reaction score
So if these were given away 100% free of any charges at all would we be ok?

DanNolan

Reaction score
I am thinking he modifies the logos enough to make it a non issue. But, his operation is real small so theres no issue either way.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
:laugh:Sweeeeet I'll be in....wait I don't have anything TRD....yet!

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am thinking he modifies the logos enough to make it a non issue. But, his operation is real small so theres no issue either way.

Not true. If the logo resembles the original logo enough, there will still be a case for infringement. It may be different if both logos has come to be during the same time span, but since the TRD and X-Runner logos are both established and recognizable, Toyota would have a very strong case.

Like I said - I just don't want anyone to have to deal with that stuff. And trust me... Toyota does look at this site.

X-Pablo

Reaction score
When I asked him about X-Runner logos, he mentioned he never had anybody request an X-Runner logo.

I realize and understand the issue with Trademarked logo's, (see the enforcement going on here in Vancouver, for the 2010 Olympics and the Olympic logo Nazi's) but you see the TRD logos on decals and banners on fleabay, also I don't think he operates a store front, you have to "PM him for details" .

Besides after doing some research, i'm finding all kinds of people using the TRD logo, which is a trademark. There is nothing that I could find that states X-Runner is trademarked or copyrighted. apparently "XRunner" is by a software company for Sun Solaris. This could've been the reason Toyota named it "X-Runner".
The Tacoma logo is of course registered.

DanNolan

Reaction score
The thing is, Toyota does not produce alternative versions of their standard decal, hes not in competition with them in any way. I tried contacting several dealership for replacement decals, but none knew of any.

I asked sock, he produced the decals, using the word "Tacoma" which isnt trademarked. He also cut out the word Toyota in vinyl for me. But I think the difference is that he isnt producing these items for sale, but is instead produces decals to order. He does have some layouts already in image format he can cut out quick, but they really are produced to order.

I dunno, im not explaining it clear enough, theres a difference between someone approaching a company and requesting they cut out some decals for them with a decal to a company offering the decals with logos on them as a stock item. Stock doesnt have anything precut, you approach him and ask him to produce for you an item. If anything, the person buying the decal and requesting the logo is the person breaking the law.

Top Bottom