Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X Runner Gone. :(

07speedwayblue

Reaction score
I had to trade in my XR. Not because I wanted to, but because necessity dictated it. Some financial irregularities caused me to trade it in. The irregularities are not my doing, and although the XR was owned outright, some shifty things were done, by my significant other to prompt the trade.

I am now the sorta proudish owner of a 08 TC.

My 07 XR is now for sale at Toyota of Killeen.
One of the hardest decisions that were forced upon me, ever to make, through no fault of my own. When you're married you pay the price. Whether it is good or bad.

The only things wrong with my XR are as follows, someone burned a hole into my leather on the stick shifter by the car lighter.

My bed was scratched up and marred because I carried so much stuff in it. There are two scratches on the inside driver's door panel, due to keys. My wife scratched up the back passenger side, by the wheel, when she ran over some tree branches that were in the road, and she scratched the back end by the tail gate on the drivers side, behind the left rear wheel.

The truck drives great.

The bastards only gave me 20 on my trade. So if anyone is interested in my truck (was my truck), don't let them •XR•XR•XR•XR you.

My wife drove the truck 3 times, and well, did a number on the paint. You can't really see, it from a distance, but you know. When you own an XR you notice every scratch.

I changed the oil two times, had the tires rotated two times. (at Toyota, so they know it was done). I went 793 miles over on my second oil change. I did replace the quart it was down though. But the oil was just changed two weeks ago, and well my truck is still sitting on their back lot, not even with a sticker on it as of yet. Now, we know it won't sit there long. Any other dings or scratches on that truck were not put there by myself or my wife.

It is a great truck. I didn't do anything to it. I miss it everyday. I will admit to racing it 8 times though. I will also admit to winning 7 of those races. Only one of those races amounted to me exceed 100 mph, and I didn't redline the truck during any of it 4k is where I shifted. In the other races, I burned them so bad that I didn't need to keep

I only put in 93 octane, in that truck. I washed it and waxed it about 14 times, since I had it. I armor all'ed that thing about 30 times already as well. Aside from the leather burn from the lighter the interior is fairly immaculate (and those two scratches on the driver side internal door panel).

I'll still be coming around here, because I love you lot!
I'll just be driving something else.

If anyone get's it I hope they loved it as much as I did and still do.

SWB 07 XR, 12k in mileage.

I've not been here lately because of the weight and sadness I feel at the loss of my XR. But I certainly want to make sure you guys got first dibs on it.

It is used, but it was used nicely. I drove it because it is a performance vehicle and as such, it needs to perform sometimes, right?

I have hopes for my TC, but I will always long for my XR. I'll always be an XR inside, no matter what I do to my TC.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Wow... I don't even know exactly what happened and that is a sad story :frown:
Sorry to hear the news.... I hope the next person who owns that truck loves it as much as you did (do).

07speedwayblue

Reaction score
The truck was just placed there on Friday. It wasn't even on display yesterday. So if you're in the market, look it up, and i'd rather one of my brethren buy it than some azzwhole.

Reaction score
sad to hear the news bro.been down that path a few times.taken care of the headaches.living single & free of any problems or complications related to having dependents.at peace & lovin it.me my dog & my Xrunner !:biggrin: just the way the big guy wanted it to be for me.

nctourer

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss bro.:frown:
I cant even imagine....

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Having a TC at X-Fest is way better than that Altima that was in the pictures :biggrin:

Sorry, this thread makes me sad. I needed to find some humor in it :rolleyez:

Xample

Reaction score
Having a TC at X-Fest is way better than that Altima that was in the pictures :biggrin:

Sorry, this thread makes me sad. I needed to find some humor in it :rolleyez:
lol yea that damn altima...that person would never believe that there pos is on the net in so many pix:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
The truck was just placed there on Friday. It wasn't even on display yesterday. So if you're in the market, look it up, and i'd rather one of my brethren buy it than some azzwhole.
I'm gonna drive by there just 2 look at the Speedyway Blue. That's the color that I wanted. Now that I have red I like it.:smile:

nxrunner

Reaction score
Did I read correctly.

Your truck used a quart of oil between changes?:dontknow:

Last edited:

nctourer

Reaction score
I read that as the dealer tech not filling it properly when they changed the oil :dontknow:

07speedwayblue

Reaction score
I may have driven it a little harder during the last 5k miles.
Since i was 793 miles over i think i burnt up a quart, But replaced it.
Then again it could of been like you said, filled a little low...but i can't confirm that.

The truck is sitting in the back of the lot, priced at a little over $23,800.00

I plan to mod out my tc which will be cheaper than modding my xr.
So there is a smaller consolation in that.

Let me tell you what I will do in the next two months to my car. It makes me feel a little better. It's sad how money doesn't always fall into place when needed, but only to do so, just after it is needed, but, i'll still be able to smile.

TRD exhaust
TRD Clutch
TRD Quickshifter
TRD tie down/sway bars
TRD (really K&N) CAI
lip spoiler
Paint the hood black, and the trunk black.

I have decided to rebadge my Scion TC as the SEI (I would call it the SCI, but I am not getting the supercharger. I'm basically turning the car into a Civic SI.

07speedwayblue

Reaction score
It pains me so, but i'll gladly go take a photo of the truck for you tomorrow, to save you the expense of driving here.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Atleast you went out and got yourself a nice car to go with instead of some pos. ;)

07speedwayblue

Reaction score
Hehe.
it's going to stand for Sport Enthusiast Inspired.

It's what i'm going to call my TC. hehe...

Xample

Reaction score
aha i painted my gurls tc rims flat black and left the center cap inpainted...blacked out the emblems and debadged it...looks awesome

Knight Runner

Reaction score
Sad to see another go, especially when my brother and causin are selling their's too:thumpdown:

Sometimes I thought about it cuz it's not that fast to me but I did get it for the right reasons and that is why I still have it.

Top Bottom