Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Xbox or PS3?

Xbox 360 or PS3

• Total voters

shaX 07

Reaction score
Still no love for the Wii? :biggrin:

For real though, I currently have a Wii and I used to own an Xbox 360... the 360 was fun but I had to sell it at the time because I needed the money.. I have a Wii now because I wanted to try it out and i've decided that i've invested too much into it to try and sell it. The graphics aren't great and the game library is more kid oriented but I pretty much only play Guitar Hero and Mario Kart (and Madden 2010 when it comes out) so having a vast number of shoot em up games isn't important to me..

I think you should try them both out somehow, whether it be at best buy or some friends house and decide which one you want based on playing them.. and play the same game on each system too, that's always a good way to compare...

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
no problem klint...its the least ryan and I can do with all your hard work with the site...:biggrin:

dascheaten

Reaction score
ps3, hands down. between me and my roommate we have all three modern systems and the ps3 gets played MUCH more than the other two. it's a personal thing, but i find that the ps3 controller is a better layout for me. plus you can't go wrong with free online play.

as for an xru game night, count me in.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I'm gonna say Xbox cause it has more games, supports NetFlix, Online play is way better, and is cheaper and more stable now. Plus, they are making a blu-ray player to hook to it. I'm a huge fan of the PS3, but I would buy the Xbox before it.

WCD

Reaction score
PS3 for me. The Sony game library is getting pretty big by now, and the PS3 tech features are tough to beat.

One thing I noticed is how much lighter the PS3 controllers are compared to the Xbox controllers.

xXLuckyiAMXx07

Reaction score
i want to have both systems, but the only system running is the PS2 =) so i had to choose the big bro

thee exbox has the ()()() of death :banghead::motz:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Plus, they are making a blu-ray player to hook to it.

I have been researching this for quite some time. We all know that Microsoft teamed up with Toshiba and created the HD DVD player. When 1st released the HD DVD external player was an extra $200 using a USB 2.0 cable between the external player and the 360. IMHO I don't consider a USB 2.0 to be HD. If you want HD use a HDMI or a DVI cable.

Now I have scene what the external Blu-Ray Player looks like. Actually 3 different versions that Microsoft has contracted with Samsung and Toshiba to developing for the 360. I guarantee that it will cost you a minimum of $200 to purchase the external player which will still be using USB 2.0.

With that in mind a new XBOX 360 still runs you $300 and with the external Blu-Ray Player its an extra $200 bringing the grand total to $500. Granted if you want the Xbox 360 Elite which is still $400 that would bring your grand total to $600. But keep in mind you are still using a USB 2.0 to connect the Blu-Ray External Player and the 360 Elite together.

Although the Elite has a HDMI out and still incorporates the Optical Audio out you are still looking at spending $100 more than the PS3 with the 120GB HD Blu-Ray player already incorporated within the system.

Like I stated before I have both systems and have had both systems since the day they both were launched. Each system has their Pros and Cons but for me the PS3 Pros heavily out way the 360s Pros.

Not trying to get into any debate but it was Microsofts downfall to release the 360 too early. Instead of waiting another 6 months and incorporating the HD DVD Laser/Drive into the 360 system I strongly believe that it would have saved the HD DVD Market making the games made in HD DVD Format instead of DVD. Yes Microsoft didn't incorporate that originally to corner the market but Sony took it 1 step beyond cornering the market by developing the Blu-Ray Disks, Lasers, and Drives. The reason for the Blu-Ray vs HD DVD war is over is that statistically you have to incorporate all Blu-Ray Formats which include games and movies. HD DVD could only include movies due to the fact that Microsoft was a little impatient and wanted to corner the market. Currently there is not set date by Microsoft for the release of the external Blu-Ray Player...

With that said it will always come down to personal preferance. PS3 for me and many other. While 360 is the choice of other gamers. There will always be a argument or battle between which system is better in graphics and so forth. I say to each their own. Happy Gaming and if you would like to challenge I dare you to add me...:biggrin:

Last edited:

TACOMATOSED

Reaction score
I have the 160GB PS3. You get Drakes Fortune with it which is a descent game.

Plus if you go that route I already have a few games that you could borrow or hell even come over to the house and you can see it in person...Graphics are great, and I have my brothers GT5 prologue in my possesion now....:biggrin:

We need to :cheers:anyway

RunnerofX

Reaction score
not a gamer... the last console i had was N64 the year it came out... i think i was 12.

i_ski

Reaction score
I voted other because you should get both! Halo is a must for Xbox and GT is a must for PS3.

DoubleD

Reaction score
360 is the way to go!! The only two games i really play is Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Forza! Both are addicting and do a great job of online play, single player and good scores on realism. 360 has so much to offer for such a smaller cost!!!

Also with that extra money you save get yourself the Xbox surround sound!!!! Its got some extremely great reviews!!

fuseaku

Reaction score
I voted 360... I'm not a huge video gamer, but when I do play I like to play Halo 2 or 3 and COD 4.

Alexrunner

Reaction score
Dude, get monopoly! Baker, and I can play you and Jeoff.

It would be sweet....I call the hat piece!

rice247

Reaction score
PS3

Street fighter HDR and SF4

I bought a brand new 360....red ringed 30 mins later. Exchanged it for another brand new one and it last 2 days before the red rings. My PS3 has never given me any problems

Jeremias

Reaction score
Sucks that I just got the ring of death!!!!:motz:p.S. Rockin the XRUg tag!!

BoominTaco

Reaction score
I love my PS3, the blue ray is not the best but i like because i use it to store all my music and videos and pics in the dang thing. Even though it is over priced compared to x box i think it is well worth it...

Top Bottom