Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X'ED Turbo Build

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried and True method there Mark...?

haha...

Not personally, but I heard about it from a few different sources, unrelated. I thought it was preposterous. Then as a little time past the visual proof of such things was presented. Will from NST runs a Garrett BB turbo on his drift car, with no water lines.

Then at the Import Reactor event, this super clean white Integra pulled up with a large turbo on it. Upon inspection, the same thing. Garrett BB turbo with no water lines.

Proof in the pudding. They are there for a reason, so i wouldn't recommend it myself, but they can be run without water lines.

X'ED

Reaction score
Thats why I had to chuckle a bit when I read that..

rennurx

Reaction score
Not sure what Turbo my buddy has on his VW but he's at like 600 to the wheels and he blockes off his water lines on the Turbo and just runs oil lines..

X'ED

Reaction score
how much extra? if thats the question, i was quite surprised that it isnt hardly none at all. not enough to see a diffrence on dipstick. stock is 5qt and turbo is probly like 5.1..lol

i catch more oil in the catch can then it took extra for the turbo....lol

SooRunner

Reaction score
When I had my Garrett turbo on my Miata, all it had was an oil line that I had to tap into the oil pan. New technology vs old technology...:hmmmm2:

NixXR462

Reaction score
Nice setup. I didn't even know you were doing a turbo setup. Of course I never get on here anymore. I see you in the mornings on the interstate sometimes though. You got to take me for a ride!

on to the neXt

Reaction score
Hey man what are your plans with the gt35 when you switch it out, I may be interested if you wanna sell it

Top Bottom