Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X'ED Turbo Build

jboy671

Reaction score
I want to bronze my stockers but my wife doesn't like the look...if she can see it in person I think she might change her mind. What tuning solution are you using for your setup? I would like to do a turbo to mine but I don't want to have to deal with this recon crap in oahu. Gives me a reason to save without spending for engine mods for the next 4 years. GREAT SETUP YOU GOT GOING! :blurock:

Iggy08

Reaction score
Thanks... i love the bronze on the BSP, even being stockers it looks so much better.

To be honest, I think the stockers are the best rims for the X! Just powder coating them like that and you got a perfect rim (I wanted to do bronze, but now I'm leaning towards black)

X'ED

Reaction score
I want to bronze my stockers but my wife doesn't like the look...if she can see it in person I think she might change her mind. What tuning solution are you using for your setup? I would like to do a turbo to mine but I don't want to have to deal with this recon crap in oahu. Gives me a reason to save without spending for engine mods for the next 4 years. GREAT SETUP YOU GOT GOING! :blurock:

The AEM FIC.

To be honest, I think the stockers are the best rims for the X! Just powder coating them like that and you got a perfect rim (I wanted to do bronze, but now I'm leaning towards black)

I did the black thing before but it got old real quick, I only saw one other BSP with bronze stockets and thats what did it for me..

Last edited:

jboy671

Reaction score
That AEM FIC looks promising especially for the price.

Is that your only tuning solution? Just picking your brain on your setup because I really like your mid mount turbo and I'm thinking I may just go this route if I can get all the proper pieces of information together.

Do you have a vid of the truck now with the lt's?

Last edited:

Iggy08

Reaction score
Where did you get your rims done, or did you do them yourself? I've seen a couple of bronze one's that were a little orange/gold.

jboy671

Reaction score
^^^ I forgot to ask this very question...did you get them powder coated, painted, plastidipped?

They look bronze bronze which is what makes them look even better.

X'ED

Reaction score
That AEM FIC looks promising especially for the price.

Is that your only tuning solution? Just picking your brain on your setup because I really like your mid mount turbo and I'm thinking I may just go this route if I can get all the proper pieces of information together.

Do you have a vid of the truck now with the lt's?

yes the FIC is my only tunning solution, all in all its pretty good tuning hard and software for the price, did have a few problem when first tunning it, but it was on AEM, the instructions where ass backwards and some of the stuff you dont even need, once you get the "maf" , and injector pluse widths figured out its pretty easy, just plug in numbers into the "maps" and it creates a "base map" that will allow you to crank and run the truck.. BUT you will have to go back and "dial in" all the break points, for me that ment drive the truck around a hundred times to dial it all in, i didnt have access to a dyno for a day..

ya i got one video of a in cab shot.. ill try and upload it, it takes a little while for me to upload videos, if i get it upload i'll post it on here. need to get some more.

Where did you get your rims done, or did you do them yourself? I've seen a couple of bronze one's that were a little orange/gold.

yes i did the wheels myself, rattle can actually, a friend and i call our selfs the "rattle can masters"...lol
the color is the Duplicolor bronze wheel paint, over a soild black base, the "toyota" emblem was done after the bronze and before clear coat, with a black acrylic enamel hobby paint pen. just ordered the black lug nuts from some website.

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Nice build bro, shes a beauty. Did you paint or powder coat your wheels?

jboy671

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips on the FIC.

I keep looking at your mid mount setup (the pics of the turbo routed to the muffler) and I have to say that is some awesome planning and execution.

The first vid sounds really great when it starts to spool.

From your mod list this is a turbo conservatively on stock internals right? If so then that's the definitely the starting point I want to go with a turbo. Unless I can save up enough in the next 4 years to build a whole 1gr from the ground up.

Keep up the great work...your truck looks clean and now I know how I am going to do my wheels in bronze. :top:

Iggy08

Reaction score
good to know, I think I'll practice with the plasti dip first (on the rimz) and if I feel confident enough Ill give that a try. I got a friend who says he does plasti dip first, then he paints over the plasti dip whatever color he wants. You think it would come out decent if I tried the bronze like that?

X'ED

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips on the FIC.

I keep looking at your mid mount setup (the pics of the turbo routed to the muffler) and I have to say that is some awesome planning and execution.

The first vid sounds really great when it starts to spool.

From your mod list this is a turbo conservatively on stock internals right? If so then that's the definitely the starting point I want to go with a turbo. Unless I can save up enough in the next 4 years to build a whole 1gr from the ground up.

Keep up the great work...your truck looks clean and now I know how I am going to do my wheels in bronze. :top:

ya its nothing to crazy at 8 psi, its fun, i put it that way, and im still running the GT35 not the TO4S yet, its going to get crazy with the TO4S ...lol the spool times between the two are totaly diffrent..

i havent been able to upload the in cab video yet, somthing is going on with my youtube account.. and it just craps out half way through. i will keep try'n tho..

good to know, I think I'll practice with the plasti dip first (on the rimz) and if I feel confident enough Ill give that a try. I got a friend who says he does plasti dip first, then he paints over the plasti dip whatever color he wants. You think it would come out decent if I tried the bronze like that?

you really cant mess it up, should come out nice with the Dip tho! id start with the spare wheel first if your unsure about it, you should see my spare.. its all muilt colored...from try'n diffrent stuff...lol

Iggy08

Reaction score
spare tire, great idea man! Everyone on this site are geniuses I swear!

X'ED

Reaction score
spare tire, great idea man! Everyone on this site are geniuses I swear!

bahahah... yup id say so too, i never do the whole "your suppost to rotate the spare in when rotating the tires" thing, since i dont have a matching spare, its point less, so its my "test" wheel

:adore: your X is amazing man!

Thanks, im not the only one tho, many more on here amazing too!

X'ED

Reaction score
UPDATE ON VIDEO: Got the in cab video uploaded, bout time, its on the first thread at the bottom, as i get more i will add to it.

jboy671

Reaction score
That in cab video sounds awesome. Your selling me more and more on this mid mount. Can't say enough "good jobs" on the truck and build. :top:

Top Bottom