Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XFM Central Virginia

Are you coming to K2's Hizzie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Although the details have not been officially released yet on X-Fest 07, I am planning a little Pre-XF07 meet at my house during May. Think of it as a meet and mod to prepare for the big show in August. I will be officially releasing all of the details for XF07 after the site moves to the new server next week.

Here are the details for XFM-CVa (Central Virginia). I'm planning it to be more of a small meet than an XFM Orlando - but whoever wants to come is welcome.

Dates: May 19-20

Tenative Schedule:

Saturday May 19 - MOD DAY
I will be installing a few low cost mods but anyone that wants to do some work on their truck is welcome. I have a single bay garage big enough to put part of a truck in (it's a small-ish garage). I have all of the standard tools but no air tools. We'll also do a little cookout or something and drink some beers, smoke a cigar (if that's your thing) and really just relax. No hussle and bussle here. Anyone wanting to stay over will need to get a hotel room since I just don't have room in my house for people to stay. I'm having my wife call around to find the best rates. If you need a hotel room, PM me and I'll get you some contact info.

Sunday May 20 - CRUISE and PHOTOS
After a day of modding, we'll take Sunday to just drive around and get some good photos. The National D-Day memorial about 15-20 minutes away and will make for some great photos. After, about 15 minutes from the D-Day memorial is the Blue Ridge Parkway. Hopefully we'll have good weather and can go for a cruise along the parkway. After the parkway cruise, I figured a late lunch and then all that have to travel can hit the road home (probably around 3-4ish).

As always, the schedule is tentative. We'll just play it by ear. Please let me know if you plan on coming so that I can make sure I have things in order. Keep in mind, I'm not planning for this to be a huge meet - mostly just for people in the vicinity to prepare for the BIG MEET in early August. So don't feel like you need to drive 8 hours for this - save that for the real X-Fest. BUT, also if you really want to come, you are more than welcome. :top:

Confirmed Attendees
K2 + Wife
StevenRedX + Ms. Stevenredx
Natas + girlfriend
Xrunner05
2006NightRider

Stevenredx

Reaction score
VA mod day.... :rock: Can't wait.. :top:

Last edited:

Natas

Reaction score
Hopefully I'll have the C2C lowering kit by then so we can put it on. I already have the rear blocks. I can't wait for this meet!!!!:top: :rock:

I may have to go out and get some really good cigars for this one!:beer:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully I'll have the C2C lowering kit by then so we can put it on. I already have the rear blocks. I can't wait for this meet!!!!:top: :rock:

Bring it along if you want to do it. I'm pretty sure that between the four (or more) of us that we can figure it out. Steven is bringing his jack stands since I don't have any. Shouldn't be a problem to put it on. I've looking over the instructions for the front and it looks simple. The one thing I'm not sure about is how to cut the U-bolts for the blocks without screwing up the threads. Then again, I may just buy a deep welled socket. What size is it, do you know? I'm gonna need one to put the blocks on my truck too.

I may have to go out and get some really good cigars for this one!:beer:

Yes you will! If you forget, we've got some decent shops down here and I may have one or two in the humidor.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I will bring a bunch of my tools with me aswell... im sure we can get the c2c kit on :top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only problem is that I'm not sure of any place that stays open later than noon where you could get an alignment. :dontknow: I would probably guess that Steven won't get there until around noon, right? 3 hour drive wasn't it? That's really not that bad of a drive. I used to drive the most of that exact route when I lived in Blacksburg.

xmoney

Reaction score
im jes waitin on a little more info - i'll be able to do one of those days hopefully....

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Yeah... about a 3 hour drive... i will probabley try to head out around 7 am or so, if thats cool with you Klint. That would put me getting there around 10, we could possibly have it on in time :hmmmm2:

XRobber

Reaction score
Bring it along if you want to do it. I'm pretty sure that between the four (or more) of us that we can figure it out. Steven is bringing his jack stands since I don't have any. Shouldn't be a problem to put it on. I've looking over the instructions for the front and it looks simple. The one thing I'm not sure about is how to cut the U-bolts for the blocks without screwing up the threads. Then again, I may just buy a deep welled socket. What size is it, do you know? I'm gonna need one to put the blocks on my truck too.

Yes you will! If you forget, we've got some decent shops down here and I may have one or two in the humidor.

Thread the nuts all the way on the u bolt.
THEN cut it.
When you remove the nut, it will fix the damaged threads.

Natas

Reaction score
Yeah... about a 3 hour drive... i will probabley try to head out around 7 am or so, if thats cool with you Klint. That would put me getting there around 10, we could possibly have it on in time :hmmmm2:

Which way are you coming up? If you come through or near Roanoke we can meet up and roll down there together if you want.:top:

Klint, I've been looking over the instructions too, and they look very simple. I'll check on the size socket needed for the rear when I get home. If the camber isn't off too bad I can wait and get it alligned on Monday. I'll bring the hack saw for the bolts! :top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thread the nuts all the way on the u bolt.
THEN cut it.
When you remove the nut, it will fix the damaged threads.

Didn't know if you would be able to get a saw to it after you put it on... but that answered that question. Thanks Rob!

Natas

Reaction score
I hope we can get a saw in there to cut 'em. If not, then I guess we'll wrench it. :dontknow:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Which way are you coming up? If you come through or near Roanoke we can meet up and roll down there together if you want.:top:

I guess ill go the way mapquest says to:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah - I'd meet up in Roanoke on 220 Chris. Then you just got a short 30 min hike down 460. That drive really isn't that bad. I'll be making it in August for XF07.

XRobber

Reaction score
Didn't know if you would be able to get a saw to it after you put it on... but that answered that question. Thanks Rob!

no no no no no

Thread the nuts on the u bolt while it is out of the truck
cut the u bolts
take the nuts off of the U bolt
THEN install the U bolt.
:)

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You see - my brain was right then in thinking "there's no way you're gonna fit a saw in there after they're ON the truck." :biggrin: While you're trying to stop laughing, remember that I'm a web guy and have never installed any suspension goodies at all. That's why I figured between the four of us Numbskulls that will be there we could make sure that it doesn't get screwed up. :top:

Keep your cell phone on Rob. :laugh:

Top Bottom