Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XII Performance Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

The last few days we have experienced problems with our current website. We have a web-designer in the process of building us a new site. Our old website is still functioning in Firefox or Safari Browsers if you visit SITTINSIC.COM.

We wanted to let everyone know that we Do have all the Great Products in Stock.

- Drop Coils (Red)
- Stock Height Coils (Black)
- Sway Bar Kits with bushings
- QA1 (18 Valving Options)
- 2" Drop BLocks
- Composite Leafs Black and Red are in the final stages of production and should be headed my way shortly. (This item will be a normal stock item for us now)

If you would like to place a order. Please call us at 912-552-4744 or email XIIPERFORMANCE@GMAIL.COM. We can quote you some shipping and get your products on the way!

Note: Our Prototype of the Steel Drop Leaf Springs are in final stage of production and should be shipped out to us this week. We are still working with the company on pricing and shipping. We will get prices, photos and a review as soon as we get everything lined up.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Toon714

Reaction score
cool thx for the update. :top:
i should be ordering a set of qa1 with in the next couple weeks.

butters607

Reaction score
are the steel leafs gonna be say a rougher ride or a better ride than composites? I guess what im trying to ask is what are they going to improve over the composite leafs?

Last edited:

BondXII

Reaction score
The end goal for the steel leaf springs is to have the same drop and performance overall to the composites. There are pros and cons to each one as far as performance goes. Depending on your driving preferences and how you use the truck, you would like one or the other. The main thing with these steel springs is that the people that are running blocks only because they don't "trust" the composites will now have the extra "rest-easy" factor by having steel. There is nothing wrong with the composites as I use them to the ability of what OEM would do while daily driving, and I still have the performance that helps us out on the track each month. In the end, it should just be a matter of personal preference. We'll have these prototypes on before our October race and will give feedback on everything after that.

Stay tuned.

Murderface

Reaction score
are the steel leafs gonna be say a rougher ride or a better ride than composites? I guess what im trying to ask is what are they going to improve over the composite leafs?

Ya the steel leafs won't crack, I had both of mine crack just from normal every day driving with out ever having a load in my truck. When the steel leafs are for sale I will DEF be ordering me a set fo sho! Can't wait to get rid of the shitty 2" blocks I have and move on to something that won't have me paranoid that something bad will happen. When I got my composite leafs they came with a piece of paper that stated they were for "track" use only. I would imagine that because a track usually is smooth with no pot holes or massive bumps in it that the composites will shine on the track. When I did have the composites I loved them, truck def felt great to drive!

My 2 questions about the steel drop leafs are will they come with poly bushings? And will they be the same PPI and drop(2.25") as the composite leafs?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Ya the steel leafs won't crack, I had both of mine crack just from normal every day driving with out ever having a load in my truck. When the steel leafs are for sale I will DEF be ordering me a set fo sho! Can't wait to get rid of the shitty 2" blocks I have and move on to something that won't have me paranoid that something bad will happen. When I got my composite leafs they came with a piece of paper that stated they were for "track" use only. I would imagine that because a track usually is smooth with no pot holes or massive bumps in it that the composites will shine on the track. When I did have the composites I loved them, truck def felt great to drive!

My 2 questions about the steel drop leafs are will they come with poly bushings? And will they be the same PPI and drop(2.25") as the composite leafs?

You may also have gotten the 1st gen of these. The 2nd gen are about a 1/4" thicker. I've had the 2nd gen on my truck for more than a year with no problems ::knock on wood:: and I live on a dirt road (not so smooth at different times of the year)

When I spoke with Shane about these when he was looking into them he mentioned the spring rate would be the same, however the ride would feel more harsh than the composites. Had something to do with the spring being steel and the weight :dontknow:. But this is a new company running things now, so that could all be out the window.

absolut

Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks for the updates XII. can't wait to get the leafs. Hope it will make my ride less bouncy. Blocks suck.

Murderface

Reaction score
When I got them replaced they looked the same but then I sold them and never installed them. Mainly cause I bought a DJM kit but they gave me a bunch of headaches trying to install it so I sold that and went back to SS coils and blocks. Can't wait for the steelies!!

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
ChristDenied said:
When I got them replaced they looked the same but then I sold them and never installed them. Mainly cause I bought a DJM kit but they gave me a bunch of headaches trying to install it so I sold that and went back to SS coils and blocks. Can't wait for the steelies!!

Your keeping your truck?? j/w

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Your keeping your truck?? j/w

Yeah WTF :dontknow: if so you and ketchup should hang out more often!!! DRAMA QUEENS! lol nevertheless if your keeping her it's awesome:top:

end TJ

I love my monoleafs and will be keeping a close eye on the development of the steelies!

Murderface

Reaction score
Ya my wife backed out of the deal, go figure! She said it's not fair that she still has her 03 Altima V6 and I've gotten 4 new cars since then. So I told her I want 4wd or AWD so I won't have to miss work because of snow and she said I can have her car and park the X for the winter. I'm super bummed about it but she's right unfortunately. It just sucks she says I can part it out and trade it in for an EvoX and then changed her mind. Worse part is that my TO bearing needs to be upgraded to the TSK45 which I had one but sold it when she said I could ditch the X, now I have to buy another one.

Oh and it's not like i posted everything for sale, collected all the money and then backed out, and then posted a sale thread, collected money for the parts, and then backed out again! Ketchup def has me beat twice over bwahahaha

Tunedx

Reaction score
Glad your keeping the truck John. We need a knowledgeable member like u around. We have definetly lost are share of members on here.

I'm may be also interested in steel leafs depending on the overall ride quality.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
I'm sure the ride will be very tolerable. In fact, they will be the same drop and PPI as the mono leafs which when I had them felt awesome! As a daily driver they were great and never did I feel like they were too stiff

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
I'm sure the ride will be very tolerable. In fact, they will be the same drop and PPI as the mono leafs which when I had them felt awesome! As a daily driver they were great and never did I feel like they were too stiff

Yes they were designed to have a drop like the composites currently do. Once we receive the steel set we will take a measurement of the composite drop and then a measurement of the steel drop once installed. The steel sets are going to have a passenger side and a driver side. The driver side will be arched just a little more for the weight of the gas tank, this will take care of any lean issues. We are hoping that the ride is as good as the composites also. Our prototype set should be complete today or tomorrow and shipped out. Myself and BondXii will keep everyone posted once they arrive and are installed. I'm hoping to have them in our hands by middle of next week. If all looks well with the set and BondXii is happy, they will be installed and testing will begin!! We will also put them to test on Robeling Race Way in Savannah Georgia on October 15th. (weather permitting). Lets all keep our fingers crossed that the 1st test set is a Grand Slam!!

Murderface

Reaction score
Pretty cool ur gonna have a left and right side for the steel leafs, everyone hates that Taco lean

absolut

Reaction score
my fingures are crossed. race it till it breaks. :rofl: but hopefully it wont. hahaha.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
should you be able to carry more weight with the steel leafs vs the composites?

I think the composites drops the load capacity by a few hundred pounds?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
should you be able to carry more weight with the steel leafs vs the composites?

I think the composites drops the load capacity by a few hundred pounds?

Negative, load capacity is actually higher than stock, at least as far as I can remember. Would I load them up like that? No, but I remember reading that when Shane first put them out.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry my mistake, I thought I had read that it was less somewhere but I cant find a statement to back that up.

This is a quote from shane:

Easiest way and best way that I can say this is don't exceed the the manufactures load capacity which is 950lbs the leafs are no where near their failure rate under this load, the leafs will handle close to double that amount but dont risk it.

thread here
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=288491

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom