Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XR vs. 99 civic with JDM b16

Dirty_X

Reaction score
Thought this be an interesting story. I was at my buddies house the other day when his friend shows up and what not. Now these two are honda lovers to the death and what not. He starts going off about how looks are for kids its all about motor this motor that etc. So i asked him what he had in it he told me had a jdm b16 with cams header intake exhaust and his ecu was chipped with crome. I was like awesome dude your cool!:top: So i decided it was time to go home and he fallowed. He caught me on the freeway and revs at me and I'm like hmm idk how this is going to turn out what the heck ill go for it. We go from a 60 roll as soon as he downshifted u can hear that thing just screaming. But that's all it did... By the end of third my trucks tailgate was half car in front of him. By the end of fourth i put a good 4 lengths on him. He caught up and wanted another go this time he jumps. I reel him in fast in third. Ditched him in 4th gear. After that he stayed far back. Found out the next day from my buddy that he was mad as hell that he lost to a tacoma with an intake. XR FTW!

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
Thought this be an interesting story. I was at my buddies house the other day when his friend shows up and what not. Now these two are honda lovers to the death and what not. He starts going off about how looks are for kids its all about motor this motor that etc. So i asked him what he had in it he told me had a jdm b16 with cams header intake exhaust and his ecu was chipped with crome. I was like awesome dude your cool!:top: So i decided it was time to go home and he fallowed. He caught me on the freeway and revs at me and I'm like hmm idk how this is going to turn out what the heck ill go for it. We go from a 60 roll as soon as he downshifted u can hear that thing just screaming. But that's all it did... By the end of third my trucks tailgate was half car in front of him. By the end of fourth i put a good 4 lengths on him. He caught up and wanted another go this time he jumps. I reel him in fast in third. Ditched him in 4th gear. After that he stayed far back. Found out the next day from my buddy that he was mad as hell that he lost to a tacoma with an intake. XR FTW!

good story, we've got a bunch of those hondas here in hawaii. hate those fart cannons.

Dirty_X

Reaction score
I just hate the cocky owners. I myself own an integra GSR as a DD. That gsr isnt as fun as my x tho

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I also put a heavily modded and boosted civic to shame yesterday. Felt good cause afterwards he stopped me and asked what kind of motor and couldn't believe I wasn't boosted or heavily modded.

Dirty_X

Reaction score
I also put a heavily modded and boosted civic to shame yesterday. Felt good cause afterwards he stopped me and asked what kind of motor and couldn't believe I wasn't boosted or heavily modded.

It feels good to put them in their place with a truck! :laugh:

rexrunner

Reaction score
u beat a civic with a b16? they run like 14's easy man. these truck run 14.9 stock.

Im gonna be the douche and say you did not beat him unless he was a bad driver, and to who beat the boosted civc, details? if it was atleast a b16 running 6 lbs atleast i dont see it happening either.

our trucks are NOT fast at all, especially with no boost.

they put down 200 hp to the wheels stock and weigh like 3800 lbs.

Dirty_X

Reaction score
stock b16 in a 2 door coupe civic runs a 15.3. Add cams thats 3 to 5 hp. Intake header n exhaust probably 15hp at most together. Chipped ecu varies depending on tune. since hes running base maps ill give him 10hp at most so all of that adds up to 30hp over stock so 190hp to 200hp crank in a 2400lb car not real impressive but that is if its done all legit. He just found a b16 on CL threw it in threw all the parts at it n hope for the best. as u see it didnt do well

Last edited:

Baggins44

Reaction score
From what I can find the JDM b16 only puts out 200hp compared to our truck thats not a very big diffrence and the honda weighs 3400 lbs

Dirty_X

Reaction score
From what I can find the JDM b16 only puts out 200hp compared to our truck thats not a very big diffrence and the honda weighs 3400 lbs

Your probably talking about the jdm b16b the b16a puts 170 to the crank compared to the usdm b16s 160

quick edit : word is hes supposally putting down 165whp thats what he claims

rich017

Reaction score
Those little ****ers are all over here. There are always a couple at the track and I always beat them in the X.

I would leave them on the launch and around 75 they would barely get closer but no where near enough to match the truck or beat me during a run

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
YAY, honda fail thread

Coming back from my first drag race ever, i was cruising in the fast lane, when all i see is this red Honda, zig zagging in and out of traffic in my rear veiw mirror...they eventually pulled up along side me, i ignored them, just thinking typical fart canned honda...He down shifted and pulled away, i see the glimmer of a chrome fart cannon...And then i he lets off and i hear a BOV, hmmm, ok...Pulls up along side me again, i laugh, grab 4th, he down shifts and and starts pulling, i hear the turbo spoolin, i gunned it and by the time i hit the redline in 4th, he was about 5 lengths behind me. I slow down, and they just fly pass me..and i keep on laughing. :biggrin:

Damn Honda's. Even with F/I, they cant beat a truck...:laugh: Judging by the amount of blue smoke coming out of his exhaust when he let off, his engine was on the way out....

u beat a civic with a b16? they run like 14's easy man. these truck run 14.9 stock.

Im gonna be the douche and say you did not beat him unless he was a bad driver, and to who beat the boosted civc, details? if it was atleast a b16 running 6 lbs atleast i dont see it happening either.

our trucks are NOT fast at all, especially with no boost.

they put down 200 hp to the wheels stock and weigh like 3800 lbs.

You make a valid point.... but.... in my area, 95% of the boosted/built hondas and shit, are driven by Mexicants who, saw Fast and the Furious to many times....I went to a dyno pull, and a honda group was there, with all of there "race cars", B16 swaps, H22...yadda yadda yadda, they loved talking about how fast there cars are. Come time to dyno, not a single one of them put down more than 170whp....Why you ask? they didnt know the first thing about tunning....the bossted b16 was running nearly 15.0 AFR under W/O throttle...Point is, i have seen/heard a shit ton of people talk about how fast there cars should be, with their mods, but with out a decent tune, they all blow fat ****, or just plain blow up.

On paper, they should be faster than our trucks...just like on paper, Rotory engines and Communism should work....There are too many factors for comparing stock cars to modded ones....expecially if you dont know how much power they ACTUALLY put down.

And 165 whp, just about perfectly matches your claimed victory OP...Raced a s13 dual cam, custom tune, 150rwhp, beat him by about the same margin. My truck being just about stock...

So i believe his story. Keep it up OP:top:

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
I raced a boosted civic yr ago or so thing soundedd like ass but took the f*k off! I spoon real bad got excited and was driving in flip-flops!(not smartest idea) and he pretty much handede my ass to me! This was also b4 I replaced my tranny! So couldn't use 2nd! But still I never had chance!

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
i have killed three bosted civics and countless others but i did get demolished by a turbo crx one time and the guy driving must have know what he was doing tune/mod wise cause it sounded and looked stock as hell till he punched it

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
Coming back from my first drag race ever, i was cruising in the fast lane, when all i see is this red Honda, zig zagging in and out of traffic in my rear veiw mirror...they eventually pulled up along side me, i ignored them, just thinking typical fart canned honda...He down shifted and pulled away, i see the glimmer of a chrome fart cannon...And then i he lets off and i hear a BOV, hmmm, ok...Pulls up along side me again, i laugh, grab 4th, he down shifts and and starts pulling, i hear the turbo spoolin, i gunned it and by the time i hit the redline in 4th, he was about 5 lengths behind me. I slow down, and they just fly pass me..and i keep on laughing. :biggrin:

Damn Honda's. Even with F/I, they cant beat a truck...:laugh: Judging by the amount of blue smoke coming out of his exhaust when he let off, his engine was on the way out....

You make a valid point.... but.... in my area, 95% of the boosted/built hondas and shit, are driven by Mexicants who, saw Fast and the Furious to many times....I went to a dyno pull, and a honda group was there, with all of there "race cars", B16 swaps, H22...yadda yadda yadda, they loved talking about how fast there cars are. Come time to dyno, not a single one of them put down more than 170whp....Why you ask? they didnt know the first thing about tunning....the bossted b16 was running nearly 15.0 AFR under W/O throttle...Point is, i have seen/heard a shit ton of people talk about how fast there cars should be, with their mods, but with out a decent tune, they all blow fat ****, or just plain blow up.

On paper, they should be faster than our trucks...just like on paper, Rotory engines and Communism should work....There are too many factors for comparing stock cars to modded ones....expecially if you dont know how much power they ACTUALLY put down.

And 165 whp, just about perfectly matches your claimed victory OP...Raced a s13 dual cam, custom tune, 150rwhp, beat him by about the same margin. My truck being just about stock...

So i believe his story. Keep it up OP:top:

it's because they don't have a welded diff....... :biggrin:

XrunnIT

Reaction score

Coming from the same person that claims 600ft-lbs on 7psi on the same truck... :laugh:

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Those civics and integras are monsters...on a 1/4 mile...after that its bye bye

Top Bottom