Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

xr vs chevy

08x

Reaction score
so me and a buddy of mine are going up to the track tonite im running my x-r all i have is dtlh trd cai and magnaflow exhaust and trd s/s and he has a single cab shortbed step side chevy 1500 with K and N a cherry bomb exhaust and a bully dog chip that honestly doesnt do anything for it but fix the tire size his truck is dropped and hes got a automatic and a 5.3 anyone ran one and what was the outcome hopefully im able to drive correctly today and win

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
you should have a good race there. make sure you warm up your tires real good and don't go through the water in the burnout box. when you shift first to second don't let up on the gas and let up from 2 - 3... you won't touch 4th... shouldn't anyways with your mods. also don't dump the clutch at the line. hold revs at about 2000 and feather the clutch out quickly. practice a little bit before with feathering it out and youll get the hang of it... good luck bro get some vids and post some time slips up.

nine9six

Reaction score
Have fun! If you have any friends going to watch, get them to record it. :smile:

X-roller

Reaction score
murdered...... I raced one with intake and full exhaust...... Murdered him still by about 1 1/2 cars... Now he is geared and we haven't ran them but he still thinks i'll win. Those things aren't great off the launch unless they have a stall converter and a tune..... the one I raced had it tuned too. I can't remember the name of his piggy back. So yeah shouldn't be much of a race.....

ceemeetwo

Reaction score
I agree with roller, i held my own, (2 links), with a stock joe gibbs chevy silverado, 5.3 supercharged, with corsa exhaust, i had urd intake, and magnaflow exhaust. he ran 14.9 at the track and i ran 15.6.

T-stark

Reaction score
you will walk all over him it wont even be a race...... race my buddy alot that had one

08x

Reaction score
ok so i ran a 15.1 having horrible wheel hop but beat a titan stock 4x4 and the chevy couldnt run or drive but we did run from a 60 roll and i just ate him alive so was all the x-r the chevys best run was a 15.5 spining one wheel wonder but if i can get some traction bars and i mite have a set of slicks for my truck then it will be alot better of a launch plus track was very crappy prep and the last run i ran the trap clock wasnt off so i dont no the last runs offical time

titan video
http://www.youtube.com/user/00chevy53#p/a/u/2/CC-cIlkDjIM

silverado
http://www.youtube.com/user/00chevy53#p/a/u/0/07uXGPUBgOw

Last edited:
Top Bottom