Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NOTICE XRU mourns the loss of John/Murderface

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have written my share of XRU news posts but this is by far the most difficult I have ever written. It is with great sorrow that I announce the loss of a friend and long time XRU member, John J. aka Murderface. We learned by way of a mutual friend that John passed away last night, Saturday January 19 2013. He leaves behind a loving wife and two children (with a third on the way). XRU is setting up a memorial fund for his family so that we can pay our respects for all that John did for us here at XRU. (see bottom of post for donation information)

I don't remember the first time that I met John but I will say that I was apprehensive. He had a menacing name, knew a ton of information on the trucks ---- and let's face it, he was from Jersey. But if there's one thing that I have learned running XRU and attending events it's that some of the guys on the forum that seem to be the biggest bad asses are often the nicest and most helpful guys that you'll ever meet. John was no exception. The last time that I really got to talk to John in person was at X-Fest 2009 in Hershey. The guy was extremely friendly and was one of those people that left a lasting impression with me... you know, one of those people whose face you never forget.

I hadn't talked to John in a while since I stepped down from ownership at XRU but he sent me a friend request out of the blue on Facebook about 6 months ago and of course, I accepted it. It was great to finally get to see some photos of his family and keep up with what he was doing day-to-day. Just 2 weeks ago John reached out to me here on XRU and was asking me how I managed a family of 5 with my truck (and only four seats). It ignited a new dialog and John and I were talking every day or two. He then contacted me via email and just this week we wrote back and forth numerous times about the new drop kit he installed. He was going to check his ABS lines this weekend and ensure they hadn't been damaged and was going to send me photos of what he found. I told him the modifications that I had done and he shared his results as well. Last time I heard from him was three days ago and he told me that he would tackle the ABS lines when he swapped his pulleys out.

Needless to say, the news of his passing was extremely shocking. I'm not sure that the cause of his passing is any of our business because let's face it --- the business is that we lost someone great. We have lost a teacher, a friend, a husband and a father to three. This is a tragic loss for our community but even more so for his family. I encourage you to give as much or little as you can and we guarantee that all money will be delivered directly to John's wife in hopes of helping ease some of the burden that she and his family are experiencing.

Guys, I don't know what else to say. I'm still in shock. This type of post was something I hoped I never had to write... because there is no easy way to do it. But, out of respect for John, I also encourage you all to share your memories of him here on this thread. I'm sure there will be plenty of stories to tell.

XRU plans to honor John in multiple ways in hopes of ensuring his lasting memory. John will run next month as our Top Ride of the Month - Honorary and we will also be flying banners on the sidebar of site for the coming months in his memory.

We're gonna miss ya John. We're really gonna miss you.

John Jeckot Service will be held at:

Creran Funerl Home
400 White Horse Pike
Oaklyn, NJ 08107
Telephone 856-854-2846

Friday 6-9 and Sat 10 visitation 11am Funeral service.

Anyone looking to attend the services please check out this thread.

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=51986

Here is a link where we all can write his family a message through Johns obituary posting online.
http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/co...spx?n=john-jeckot&pid=162581624&cid=gbsrchres

IN MEMORIAM
JOHN J (aka Murderface)
1973-2013

TO DONATE PLEASE SEND VIA PAYPAL TO SPYDER327@XR-UNDERGROUND.COM - Please send as gift with DONATION in the subject.

John_X-Fest2012_zps25ad91df.jpg

TO DONATE PLEASE SEND VIA PAYPAL TO SPYDER327@XR-UNDERGROUND.COM - Please send as gift with DONATION in the subject.

To purchase a sticker in memory of John, click here. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE FAMILY.

Attachments

• In_Memoriam.png
    In_Memoriam.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 383,914
  • John_Sticker.jpg
    John_Sticker.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 348
Last edited by a moderator:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
For any of you who were lucky enough to meet John outside of XRU, you know he was a great person. I can't say enough good things about him. He was always willing to help any way he could. He was the life of the party, and good for a night full of laughs. He was my go-to guy when I had any truck related questsions. He was more than just a fellow forum member, he was a true friend. I'll always appreciate the time I got to spend with him. He will be greatly missed.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I can't say much more than what has already been said. His passing was a shock to me.
I'm fortunate enough to have met him and spent a little time chatting with him. He was kind enough to even haul my ass around at the last X-fest. He truly was a great guy and I am happy he was a part of this community.
Farewell my friend, and we'll be sure to do everything we can to help take care of your family.

JFrame

Reaction score
I met John and his little girl at X-Fest East last year. Really great guy and very knowledgeable. I wish the best for his family and I'm sad to hear he's gone.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
$100 donation sent on behalf of me and my wife.

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
this is really sad to here, I haven't been around XRU for long, but he was definitely one of the more prominent posters I've seen on here, and he was always good for a laugh.

Toon714

Reaction score
Awwww wtf.....
John was a hella good man.
Im very sad to hear this.... :(

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no words to accurately describe how sad I am for his passing. In the time that I had known him on here, I was able to see him go through quite a transformation of self. As far as I know and care, he was a great man, father, husband, and a Man among men.

My heart goes out to you and your family sir. You are missed already by me. But you will not be forgotten.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I am speechless...... I don't know what to say... John you were a dear friend!!! We had many a great time at meets especially the last we we were at together in VA..... Man your farts stunk but you played a mean game of drunk ball!!!

Nancy I hope you can get on here to read if anything this thread to see what a great man your husband was!!

RIP John

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
Do we know anything about the service? I would love to go and attend. Maybe be there for any other XRU members that can't make it. Show some personal support for the family.

This is sickening and I am so shocked at this loss. John was a wonderful person and a much loved father. His screen name is just that. He was an amazing person and has shown me a lot about life.

Xcars_onfireR

Reaction score
My heart goes out to Johns family. I was lucky enough to get the chance to meet him at xfest. Definitely an intimidating guy but once I started to talk to him his true personality come out. He will be missed. Lets show his family how much of an impact he has left. RIP John

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Do we know anything about the service? I would love to go and attend. Maybe be there for any other XRU members that can't make it. Show some personal support for the family.

This is sickening and I am so shocked at this loss. John was a wonderful person and a much loved father. His screen name is just that. He was an amazing person and has shown me a lot about life.

We don't have any more details at this time. Matt is in contact with his family members, and I'm sure he'll keep us updated with any information.

WallasX

Reaction score
I am still in shock!! John was a great friend and always willing to help anyone out!

truckmeet084.jpg

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score

We don't have any more details at this time. Matt is in contact with his family members, and I'm sure he'll keep us updated with any information.

I spoke to his brother in law Warren, who has attended a few meets with John, and he does plan to post that information when it becomes available.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I never met John in person but on the forum he was a funny and a very helpful person, he was truly a benefit to everyone he interacted with. My condolences to his loving family and friends. RIP

burnboy

Reaction score
WOW! Just WOW! I'm blown away. He was always very courteous to me in our discussions and Pms. RIP. I my self was in the emergency room Friday night till 2:30 am with a situation called svt not like a ford lightning. Supra ventricular tachycardia. My heart rate was over 280 beats a minute. I almost had a heart attack. If it wasn't for my girl insisting I go to the er I would have. My condolences to his friends and family. I guess I'm not gonna get my creme pies now. (If you saw the thread you'll understand). RIP

burnboy

Reaction score
Damn dude. He's only 2 years older than me. I'm really sorry for those who are suffering right now

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
I'm shocked to hear of John's passing and very sorry for his family and those who knew him personally.
I have never had the honor of meeting him personally, but he was always there for anyone who needed help... both advise and wrenching.

He will be missed very much by me and our XRU family.

RIP John and my prayers go out to all he has touched.

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Really shocked and saddened to hear this. He was a young guy with a sweet family. I feel really sad.

Top Bottom