Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Xtreme Creation Speaker Questions

Clokwrk

Reaction score
well basically the Watts that a deck can put out can be greater than another one. Gives you better sound quality if you can run more power to them. Don't always be fooled by the numbers though. Some decks can provide a bit more power but the quality sucks and for some reason tend to burn out :motz: I have ran into that problem a lot because people wanna keep turning there volume up and have a cheap deck that puts out more than what it should be able to handle then they come back complaining because there sound quality sounds like crap after a few months....In some cases I have ran into where quality outdoes the amps of a cheaper deck....in short terms....A Dual Deck that pushes 4 x 55w which means it pushes 55 watts to each speaker does give you louder sound but a clarion can push 4 x 50w and sound even better. That is what I mean by Quality over Quantity. Sorry for the long explanation. Just had to get in depth so you understand why these are such a big issue

Thanks for the clarification. All of this is important stuff for me to know. By any chance do you have a deck you would recommend? Link?

X-roller

Reaction score
Depends. What kind of deck are you looking for. Single Cd player? In dash? Flip up?

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
well basically the Watts that a deck can put out can be greater than another one. Gives you better sound quality if you can run more power to them. Don't always be fooled by the numbers though. Some decks can provide a bit more power but the quality sucks and for some reason tend to burn out :motz: I have ran into that problem a lot because people wanna keep turning there volume up and have a cheap deck that puts out more than what it should be able to handle then they come back complaining because there sound quality sounds like crap after a few months....In some cases I have ran into where quality outdoes the amps of a cheaper deck....in short terms....A Dual Deck that pushes 4 x 55w which means it pushes 55 watts to each speaker does give you louder sound but a clarion can push 4 x 50w and sound even better. That is what I mean by Quality over Quantity. Sorry for the long explanation. Just had to get in depth so you understand why these are such a big issue

The decks "burn out" because of clipping. When it is underpowered for the volume level the user is trying to play the speaker at, the top of the sine wave flattens out and the result is DC voltage. That means the cone of the speaker is not moving (while there's still current flowing through the voice coil(s) ) and one of the two (speaker or headunit) or both goes kaboom (not literally).

Neither the Dual or the Clarion deck will burn out if they are both kept at a reasonable volume level. It's when people want to dam near max out the volume that stuff goes wrong. The average listener can't recognize distortion (until a speaker is blown and it's too late lol). But I agree with you on SQ

One thing you do want to ignore, Clokwrk, is the Max Watts ratings. If it's not RMS it doesn't really tell you anything useful.

Clokwrk

Reaction score
http://www.clarion.com/us/en/top.html
Go there and find one that you like...Try to find it elsewhere though...they are a bit overpriced...Try ebay or something once you find the one you like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-CLARION-VX...|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50#ebayphotohosting

if only......:)

Dually noted :top:

The decks "burn out" because of clipping. When it is underpowered for the volume level the user is trying to play the speaker at, the top of the sine wave flattens out and the result is DC voltage. That means the cone of the speaker is not moving (while there's still current flowing through the voice coil(s) ) and one of the two (speaker or headunit) or both goes kaboom (not literally).

Neither the Dual or the Clarion deck will burn out if they are both kept at a reasonable volume level. It's when people want to dam near max out the volume that stuff goes wrong. The average listener can't recognize distortion (until a speaker is blown and it's too late lol). But I agree with you on SQ

One thing you do want to ignore, Clokwrk, is the Max Watts ratings. If it's not RMS it doesn't really tell you anything useful.

Yeah Kaboom is not part of the ideal equation for me lol

Thanks again for the input

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
Alright well be sure to post up the pics of the Sound madness upgrade. That is one interior mod I will be doing is the Touch Screen Clarion.

X-roller

Reaction score
nice. :top: and you won't have to sacrifice the steering wheel controls. See if you can find it cheaper...I'm sure you can. 4 x 50w isn't to shabby either. Seems to have all the options you will need and then some extras! which is always nice.

http://www.buy.com/prod/clarion-duz...receiver/q/loc/111/208033593.html?dcaid=17988

http://www.retrevo.com/s/Clarion-DUZ385SAT-Car-Receivers-review-manual/id/18213ci475/t/1-2/

There you go...review and way cheaper.

only thing is you are sacrificing the touch screen...I don't know how much you were looking into that..

Last edited:

Clokwrk

Reaction score
nice. :top: and you won't have to sacrifice the steering wheel controls. See if you can find it cheaper...I'm sure you can. 4 x 50w isn't to shabby either. Seems to have all the options you will need and then some extras! which is always nice.

http://www.buy.com/prod/clarion-duz...receiver/q/loc/111/208033593.html?dcaid=17988

http://www.retrevo.com/s/Clarion-DUZ385SAT-Car-Receivers-review-manual/id/18213ci475/t/1-2/

There you go...review and way cheaper.

Oh very nice! Thanks for digging that up for me. Looks like I might be buying a new deck this weekend :rock:

X-roller

Reaction score
Nice....:top: Glad I could help...If you have any questions or help with it let me know....I'm gonna save up for that 600 dollar one I showed you...:rockon:

Clokwrk

Reaction score
Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
try an audio store....they shouldn't run more than 30 bucks...maybe a bit more but not to much

Clokwrk

Reaction score
try an audio store....they shouldn't run more than 30 bucks...maybe a bit more but not to much

KK... I'd rather buy the one off of ebay if it will work. Most likely gonna do install myself.

X-roller

Reaction score
Yep perfect...Didn't think of ebay....Doh! :stupid:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
kyle here is the deck that I just purchased...

Pioneer DEH-P980BT

picked it up for a steal of a price off of ebay...+ it has built in bluetooth for your phone, OELD, and 16 band equalizer built in...:rockon:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
ebay buddy ebay...:biggrin: you get what you pay for...

Top Bottom