Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Y-pipe (any) or JBA headers

Xacto

Reaction score
Im looking for any y-pipe, either the pipe bomb, URD comp pipe, or stock y-pipe.

Also looking for JBA headers with or w/o cats welded in, or the Doug Thorley short tubes, same deal.

Send me a PM or email me at wisturgray15@yahoo.com

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
What do you need another y pipe for, jw.

Bump for a brotha

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Awww, I c. Gl finding one bro

Not to thread jack, but I was thinking about gutting my y pipe cats and wondered how hard it would be?

Murderface

Reaction score
It's not that tuff to do but it will sound like ass if u have long tubes already plus the turbulence it creates actually causes u to lose some HP, just a little though like 1-2hp

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I don't know what im going to do, but Ive wanted to do it for awhile to give the exhaust a deeper note (that's the plan anyways). Besides im not worried about 1-2 hp loss.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
good luck, ive been after a ypipe for a month now and am almost on the verge of getting one in my hands....still in the air.

Xacto

Reaction score
Yea...ive come to the conclusion that these cats are definitely worn, but still useable.

Im looking for these things because im debating whether i should just slap my stock headers on and eventually get a y-pipe (Again), or go full bore and get the Doug Thorley short tubes so i can pass smog, and THEN slap the y-pipe on.

Question is, which will sound/perform better:

1) DTLT'S with stock y-pipe

or

2) DTST's with URD Y-pipe

Despite the catalysts being a wee bit bigger on the DTST's than the stock y-pipe, i have a sneaking suspicion that the tiny piping and pinches on the stock y-pipe maaaaay actually give the DTST + URD Y-pipe the advantage?

Venomous_X

Reaction score
That's actually a decent price seing as you're getting headers and a pipe.... maybe try contacting the seller for seperation?

Murderface

Reaction score
I think that price is pretty steep for it being used, I know if I sold the exact same parts I'd only ask for maybe $350-400+shipping.
But I'd def contact the seller right before the auction ends and see if they'll take less money. That is if u wanted it in the first place?

STONER-X

Reaction score
I think that price is pretty steep for it being used, I know if I sold the exact same parts I'd only ask for maybe $350-400+shipping.
But I'd def contact the seller right before the auction ends and see if they'll take less money. That is if u wanted it in the first place?

beggars can be choosers......

ya it is on the price cause it is used... but knowing what a stock y-pipe is alone.. thats not looking so bad anymore..

buy once cry once...

use it once a year and it will pay for it self after a few years instead of buying stickers.. i would think a sticker in cali being that it is as strict as it is would be more than the $75-100 in the other less harsh states?...

Venomous_X

Reaction score
heh, thats not a bad price at all, again as I've just gone through this same ordeal..... I'm into my exhaust rebuild for about 800, not counting the original dtlt/jba combo I bought.... so I paid a premium for a crap exhaust and have nothing to show for my trouble. Stock headers an stock Y again.. Unfortunately not everyone sells for a decent price.

415XR

Reaction score
i have a set of jba shortys that i never instaled. i picked them up used from another member. they have some light surface rust. nothing alittle header paint cant fix. new gaskets aswell

Top Bottom