Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yay, F*@# friday the 13th, add another fix to my list

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
one the way home a little while ago, and i here a loud pop. look up, and my windshield is cracked. Nice and large, and spreading. no rock chip or anything, just shattered.:thumpdown:

im really getting discouraged in keeping my truck. really wanting to get rid of it now.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I been there before man... you can make it through. Keep hope alive!!!

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
don't drive behind gravel trucks :top:

j/k man, don't get rid of the truck though...she needs you.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
not you chris....not you....even at worst, you drive the honda and let macda rock the whooty truck! :rockon: :rockon:

blackx07

Reaction score
dude i wanted to get rid of my truck 2...
once its gone your gonna want it back so so so bad.
dont get rid of it. i want my x back more than anything

R

racerx

dont get rid of the xr man we are already loosing to many as it is

Dallas

Reaction score
Dude that sucks! I had a F350 that cracked 3 windshields for no apparent reason, 2 of them while it was sitting in my garage overnight, one while i was driving it. There comes a point when you just hate your vehicle, and you won't be happy till your in something different. at least thats how i get.

WrecKaGeJPX

Reaction score
cant your insurance replace it for you ? a buddy of mine had his windshield replaced after he got a crack in it driving down the highway. if u have full coverage it should

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
don't get rid of the X chris...use your insurance to cover it...I believe in Florida as long as you guys have full coverage on your insurance they will replace it for free...

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this bro. Insurance should cover that under comprehensive coverage.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
yes, insurance will cover it, but once you crack that seal, 95% of the time, it wont ever be the same.

since ive had the truck, ive been hit in the rear bumper 3 times, tboned in the front, and now the passenger bed side and flair need to be replaced. Transmission replaced, and now the windshield pops? Im getting tired of having to fix it, instead of being able to enjoy it.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
yes, insurance will cover it, but once you crack that seal, 95% of the time, it wont ever be the same.

since ive had the truck, ive been hit in the rear bumper 3 times, tboned in the front, and now the passenger bed side and flair need to be replaced. Transmission replaced, and now the windshield pops? Im getting tired of having to fix it, instead of being able to enjoy it.

can't they give you a new seal...

I know that this has been really frustrating for you...but it will be better soon...:top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score

I got backed into today... room mate wasn't looking while backing out of the garage. YAY for Friday the 13th! :motz:

That now makes...
- Entire vehicle keyed
- Driver's bedside hit & run
- Driver's acces door hit & run
- AZ pinstripe (whole passenger side scratched) due to impound
- Front lovetap (fender bender)
- Two windshields
- Throwout bearing (twice)

I'm right there with you, my friend :laugh:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
here is one of the cracks. slowly getting bigger. didnt get a pic of the one coming from the top of the windshield, but is has gone from 6" to 12" in the last couple days. hopefully its getting replaced tomorrow

DSC_1544.jpg

KETCHUP

Reaction score
man, that sucks bro. Fortunately I have no windshield damage except the nice El Paso sand blasting affect....

Glad u got her fixed.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
looking good chris...glad you got it fixed...keep the XR cause your the fastest N/A XR around + i really want to see you hit 13's...

Top Bottom