Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yeah! new toys!

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Well today I got my AFE intake and I gotta say those with a K&N should upgrade NOW!!! Lucario feels so much stronger and the response is improved. I'm guessing it where it grabs the air and since its a enclosed box. Sad thing is I need two bolts to hold it down better only one of the OEM intake bolts worked so I'm gonna go to the dealer and get some parts. I also have to look up what I need to change back from the K&N. Up next long tubes, a custom coupe cover (Lucario themed :) ) and new plugs.:rock: Oh and I modded my fuse box cover, I like how it turned out. Now just gotta get the crank pulley on, to the APR shop again!:biggrin:

Attachments

• 2011-02-22 19.28.26.jpg
    2011-02-22 19.28.26.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 2011-02-22 19.28.03.jpg
    2011-02-22 19.28.03.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 119

x20Runner05

Reaction score
That looks good bro. As long you and the butt dyno is impressed we are too.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Grats bro. :top: Got some new thing for my X too, but I will wait to spill the beans till Im done.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
^ugh don't be a tease, no one like a tease! ok thats not true lol!:laugh:

Toon714

Reaction score
wow nice! i need me one... i got the lame 2nd gen trd intake....

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I saw a TRD intake that was modified to fit the Volant scoop. Concept offers cooler intake temps when driving and that can't hurt. I would be with some plastic and some tubing one of those could fit the AFE intake.

^ugh don't be a tease, no one like a tease! ok thats not true lol!:laugh:

you know it don't take much to convince me.....but I won't spoil your mod thread with my goodies.....
Ill just make you guess. What else could Ketchup need???? (no smart jokes :laugh:)

Last edited:

darthyota

Reaction score
I saw a TRD intake that was modified to fit the Volant scoop. Concept offers cooler intake temps when driving and that can't hurt. I would be with some plastic and some tubing one of those could fit the AFE intake.

you know it don't take much to convince me.....but I won't spoil your mod thread with my goodies.....
Ill just make you guess. What else could Ketchup need???? (no smart jokes :laugh:)

A flux capacitor?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a stellar mod day dude! Love the fuse cover:top:

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
congrats on the intake. you'll love it, I'ved loved mines since the day I put it on

I've seen that too, the volant scoop is pretty pricey though. Gotta hope to catch a used one for sale.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The one good thing about the AFe is that your IAT's will be considerably cooler, while idling at a light, in the summer heat. Due to that, it won't take as long for it to cool down once you start driving again. Most won't even care, but effectively, it is safer from an idle start, to full boost. Since the temps will be cooler. You just need an s/c now. :top:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I figured that it would be better for the truck getting the AFE. so far, so good not to mettion the filter is much bigger and also flows air from the top of the cone, a difference from both my AEM/K&N. the tube itself is also bigger. I'm glad they were on sale.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
There is a setup for sale right now with the volant scoop I think

KETCHUP

Reaction score
After a long days work....the joke made me laugh and feel good.

Just check my mod list brotha! See what's new! :)

Top Bottom