Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

4g? 6g?

RedX

Reaction score
What is a good size gauge to use when wiring a new stereo??

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
4g is a better bet as it can handle more should you wanna upgrade down the road. It's what a $20 difference in kits but at least the 4g keeps options open and you know your getting a good flow:top:

RedX

Reaction score
I just ordered the avh 4300. I also got the the brake bypass and the pac steering wheel control. Other than the 4g wiring for power. Do I need to get anyother wiring harness for the headunit??

toyota_rod

Reaction score
i thought this thread was gonna be about dsm engine opinions...bigger is always better as long as its fused!

CBRBob

Reaction score
Are you just wiring a new head unit? If so, don't bother. plug an play. If you are wiring amps, it depends on the draw, how many amps you plan on having etc.

X-Caliber

Reaction score
need a wiring harness for the HU as well, no one likes splicing a stock harness.

I'd run 2g wire if I were you, that way you can upgrade your system later and not have to run more wiring.

RedX

Reaction score
Just putting in avh4300, 400wt amp, 10" sub. Doesn't the new hu come with a wire harness? Or is their another harness I have to get?

CBRBob

Reaction score
You should get the wiring kit that plugs your head unit into the factory plugs, no cutting the harness. 400w would not need a big cable, but run a 2 just in case for future upgrades. It doesn't hurt to run bigger in this case.

Top Bottom