Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AC Blowing Warm

808STAYTE

Reaction score
So all of a sudden my AC was only blowing COLD air on the driver window vent side, the rest was just blowing very warm air. And now even that is blowing warm air. Truck is fairly new 2008 just a FYI.

I took that filter out from behind the glove and cleaned it. Is there any other things that I could try to fix it before I take it into dealer or AC shop and have to spend big $$$.

I figure I try posting on XR-u to see if y'all have any suggestions before I proceed forward with anything else.

Living in the 808, I gotta get it fixed. The Summer is chasing me. lol

Any input regarding this would be appreciated.

TanX

justin13703

Reaction score
Sounds like the blend doors aren't working correctly. Crawl under the glove box and see if you can see the little servos moving when you move the temp knob and the level knob.

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
yeah i'm thinking an a/c recahrge man before you spend any money at the stealership

808STAYTE

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back fellas. I'll try your suggestions.

MplsX

Reaction score
Since your AC stopped working suddenly I suspect a good sized leak. I recommend that you remove your grill and take a good look at the front of your condenser. Look for what looks like a big oil stain. Some auto companies put a florescent die in with the freon, (unsure about Toyota), but an ultra violet light might help. If you see damage then you might be able to replace the condenser yourself and then have the evac and recharge done somewhere else. Just be careful with the o rings and use the correct oil for lubing them. If you don't find damage to the condenser you might have to take it to a proper repair shop. Not just for diagnostics but for the repair along with the evacuate and recharge you will need. Good luck.

Top Bottom