Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

After-market Brakes?

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
Im curious what other brake systems you guys are using besides the trd bbk.:top:

I want to get some slotted rotors but I dont know what to get, any feedback would help. thanks!

xrunnerjoe89

Reaction score
I know some people said they got their aftermarket brake kits from Tundraracing.com.
Heres a good quote from john about some of the different setups.

Yup u have the Rotora 335 4 pot and 355 6 pot, TRD 330mm 4 pot and TR 332mm 2 pot. I have the TR BBK and because I was on a budget. They work so much better then stock at stopping, just the weight of my foot is enough to stop the truck from 60mph for a red light. If u have more money then that at least get the Rotora 335mm 4 pot for around $1600. TRD is $2K at the cheapest and is basically the same.

CBRBob

Reaction score
Tundra Racing BBK. Slotted is available. much less expensive.

Xrunner Drifter

Reaction score
R u only wanting bbk or r u looking for options on stock sizes but aftermarket

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
Tundra Racing BBK. Slotted is available. much less expensive.

ill look into that:thumbdown:...i feel my grabes are garbage :top: Safety Mods

R u only wanting bbk or r u looking for options on stock sizes but aftermarket

anything other besides the trd bbk...yes stock size but aftermarket?
for a bigger size is thed bbk the only option?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYO...=Make:Toyota|Model:Tacoma&hash=item336c098243

yea like that, has anyone used them? i dont want to buy it and it be a total fail
this?

Murderface

Reaction score
Yup the Tundra Racicing 332mm BBK is a great setup for the money. Everytime I stop I realize what a smart decision I made about getting them instead of some cross drilled and slotted stock size rotors and TRD brake pads. I only have the semimetallic pads that came with the TR BBK and it still stops amazingly!

James_T

Reaction score
I just ordered these rotors with the "Green Stuff" pads for my truck. Have the same pads on my Harley and I love them.

http://ebcrotors.com/p-223-ebc-sport-rotors.aspx?submodel=2WD&submodel2=&submodel3=

+1 for EBC stuff. I have the Slotted/Dimpled rotors matched with the green stuff pads, and they are absolutely incredible.

Of course, the first 500 miles, the braking was vague, because they had to bed in, but after I did the 10-60-10 break in runs 8 times, they stop incredibly well. I only use about an inch to two inches of travel, and the stopping is awesome.

Word of warning, though. They squeak slightly, at random times / humidities. I've tried all the stop squeak pastes and cleaners. I live with the random times it squeaks like a cricket.

EDIT: For those ebay setups, I honestly feel like you get what you pay for. Those rotors might turn into cementite quicker due to shoddy casting materials, and might develop hot spots easier. It's much better to spend the money on quality stuff, rather than replace the crap again and again.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I wouldn't feel safe with those ebay brake deals. Brakes should be quality, not cheap because they were made cheap.

Top Bottom