Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

airbag light came on

ACE OF SPADE X

Reaction score
dude i have the smae problem and i took it to my dealer and they told my my 06 didnt qualify under that recall, i have a couple other dealers around me im going to try and take it to, GL with yours maybe your dealers acutally care about their customers lol

sacX

Reaction score
Mine came on a year or so ago, and I got a recall from toyota for my 2005 about 4 months ago, so I took it in to get it fixed, and they said that even though the recall stated my vin number/truck is a part of this recall, that my steering wheel components are newer than that specified in the repair...so they told me I was on my own for fixing it, what a crock of horse poo! I haven't had anything changed or modded on my column or steering wheel, and they're telling me that they wont fix it, Im gonna try and call toyota and get this resolved...

roy365

Reaction score
It's utter BS how dealers are treating recalls and TSB's these days. Even if the problem is cut and dry exactly what the recall is about they ALWAYS try to worm their way out of covering it. I just went through some crap with my BMW over an airbag sensor.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Before you call and start bitching to dealers about the recall, its for the Tacomas that do not have steering wheel controls. The part is different them the ones with the controls.

As for your airbag light the faults need to be checked. Otherwise you can piss in the wind, guess, and shot gun fixes at it all day long.

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
yeah mine has steering wheel controls. well looks like it's the recall malfunction. gotta get that fixed soon.

sacX

Reaction score
Before you call and start bitching to dealers about the recall, its for the Tacomas that do not have steering wheel controls. The part is different them the ones with the controls.

As for your airbag light the faults need to be checked. Otherwise you can piss in the wind, guess, and shot gun fixes at it all day long.

How do you check airbag faults?

Top Bottom