Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

all c2c drops an sos drops!!

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
Before and after the C2C drop

Attachments

• before_002.JPG
    before_002.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN1061.JPG
    DSCN1061.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 137

morcheez

Reaction score
well lets see
STOCK HEIGHT
lowered2001.jpg

C2C 1.75/2
lowered2004.jpg

SOS 1.5/2
soskit002.jpg

stock height just sucked for me ...with the 20's it looked like a damn 4x4 so i had to change...i got the c2c before c2c was even thought of..pretty sure i was one of the first to have it besides xrobber...i loved the look but the negative camber was too much for me and it was eating my tires and it just didnt seem to be my best option...so i got the sos from a fellow member and sold my c2c kit and i am very happy with my decision...the sos sits more level than the c2c which was the look i was going for ...sos is certainly not as low as the c2c but much better than stock ...so my vote is sos ftw

XDsm

Reaction score
So are all the people with the C2C kit experiencing bad camber issues?

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
Here's mine... C2C 1.75 front 2.0 rear
P4300110.jpg

And to answer your Q Nigel.. Yes I am

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Did you have your truck aligned? Is it giving bad tire wear?

I'm sure he did... anytime, no matter what kit you need to go get alignment immediately after the install. :top:

XDsm

Reaction score
I'm sure he did... anytime, no matter what kit you need to go get alignment immediately after the install. :top:

What I want to know is if they were able to get it aligned to good specs after the kit was installed or even after an alignment the camber is still bad.

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
awww man ... now im double thinking about buying the c2c kit off of brian ... nigel if u want ... by all means you can have the c2c kit :laugh:

SWB X

Reaction score
If you buy the kit and take it to a shop that knows what their doing, you can get it back into the toyota specs. Mine are, and I have the print out to show it. So the answer is NO not all people with the C2C kit have camber issues.

Knight Runner

Reaction score
Thanks John for posting up my pic, saves me time. :biggrin:

I have -2 camber but for $40 I can't argue. I did get it done within 2 weeks but didn't know of a shop that can get it to stock. It's been 3,000 miles since and the tires are fine, no wear. I will be rotating soon.

I have 2 new ones in the back because I finally used my spare after getting it nailed out here...dam construction workers leaving •XR•XR•XR•XR around and not clean up! So due to my Hazardous Warranty is why I have the second new one.

Wait, this means I might not have to rotate. I rather wait till my front ones wear out....hehe

Stevenredx

Reaction score
What I want to know is if they were able to get it aligned to good specs after the kit was installed or even after an alignment the camber is still bad.

Will be getting my truck aligned in the morning and will post the results in my "SOS Drop Installed" thread :top:

BSPX

Reaction score
def recommend the SOS kit. Anyone have any alignment issues with the SOS kit verses the C2C kit? Are there still tie rod issues with the S0S?

project-c2

Reaction score
You'll always have some sort of tierod issue when changing the suspension geometry, but I went with the SOS kit. Front camber got it to -1.0 degrees. Still can go all the way to 0. I like it cause pretty much everybody in HI has it now.

Nighthawk2207

Reaction score
so nobody has anymore pics of there truck?? dang, if my truck was lowerd, lookin as good as some of the ones ive seen i would have tons of pics, cant believe there are no more pics on here......

camber issues come with lowering kits unless theres a camber kit you can buy we all know that, my question which one of the two is the worst for camber C2C, SOS, just wondering...

Is there anyway to modify the djm front 3" drop to only drop like 2"s....

morcheez

Reaction score
what ...u want more pics...i gave you pics of all three from the same angle in the same driveway...what more do u want...having experienced both the sos and c2c i would say camber issues are more of a problem with the c2c ...before getting the sos aligned i didnt see much negative camber at all ...the c2c was a different story ....guess the shops around new orleans are retarded since they couldnt get it straight...at least thats what i get from those that have been able to get the c2c back into "spec" ...which i think "spec" is b.s. but owell

07xrunner

Reaction score
I would like to see some pics of some X's on here an what each setup looks like im getting ready to buy a drop kit an wanna make sure i buy the right one. ( please state what kit you have installed please, oh an DJM kits need not apply thanks)
i have the c2c kit if you wanna see it just look in your sig :laugh: thats a nice looking truck by the way :rolleyez:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
NO Comment! lol!:laugh: just check the faq section under front end alignment specs camber section that says 18" wheels and think!? hummmmmm:top:

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
Did you have your truck aligned? Is it giving bad tire wear?

Yes Nigel I did have it aligned the day after lenie and I installed it. I havent noticed any tire wear yet, but I do have crazy camber issues. Seems they couldnt do anything with the passenger side.

DMC

Reaction score
Older pic of the XR with the SOS kit:

9606387A.jpg

Top Bottom