Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

anybody with a problem like this??

tacoturbo

Reaction score
This might be something to consider. The tach on the x's are electrically driven. They are know to be "lazy" or slow in response. I hooked my truck up to a G-Tech and my Pc thru the OBDII port and confirmed that the respose time is slower that actual. In other words if your reving the engine and it looks as if the tach needle is not at 5,500 rpm yet it in fact may be. What your hitting is the rev limiter. I've tried this on two different trucks are both were the same. This may not be whats happening to yours but its' one possibility.

Spyder327

Reaction score
This might be something to consider. The tach on the x's are electrically driven. They are know to be "lazy" or slow in response. I hooked my truck up to a G-Tech and my Pc thru the OBDII port and confirmed that the respose time is slower that actual. In other words if your reving the engine and it looks as if the tach needle is not at 5,500 rpm yet it in fact may be. What your hitting is the rev limiter. I've tried this on two different trucks are both were the same. This may not be whats happening to yours but its' one possibility.

Interesting....

Although thats never happened to me.

mspeasl

Reaction score
It appears that on the tach "Redline" is 6500. Does anyone know why Toyota has the rev limiter set so low at only 5500. Is there anyway to disable it? Because it sure doesn't have that "seat of the pants" feel that it is all done?

Thanks,

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score

thats good to know. In my truck it seems that I hit the rev limiter at about 4.5k in first gear. But the truck is pulling really hard and the revs climbing really fast. Its also about the time that the tires start loosing traction. It sucks because I don't always shift before the rev limiter

gravity

Reaction score
in 1st gear my truck seems to lose power at about 4k if ure goin real slow

Top Bottom