Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Be Carefull With Powerwashers

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: Well I was power washing my truck and yep it happened... It took the paint off the front right body kit piece. A chunk of paint about the size of a baseball is missing now. If you guys really want ill take pics...

XrunDan

Reaction score
EEEKS!!!! that is a HUGE bummer man.....sorry to hear that.i wonder if ytou can find a way to haveur insurance company cover that.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise since the paint is less than impressive on these model years of Tacomas. I never power wash my truck though unless it's during the winter and then I'll go through a touchless.

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise since the paint is less than impressive on these model years of Tacomas. I never power wash my truck though unless it's during the winter and then I'll go through a touchless.
Yeah but that piece was painted by the body shop bc I cracked it by hitting a snow bank. I think hes gonna respray it for free bc it was his work that failed.

XrunDan

Reaction score
Yeah but that piece was painted by the body shop bc I cracked it by hitting a snow bank. I think hes gonna respray it for free bc it was his work that failed.

Thats a relief...:smile:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most good paint shops will give a lifetime guarantee. Did he give you one? If so, I wouldn't waste any time taking it back to get it repainted.

2tacos

Reaction score
damn that sucks homie. but can i see the pics...

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Yeah that sucks bro! I first noticed my fender flares chipping after going thru one of the touchless washes :thumpdown:

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: Well I was power washing my truck and yep it happened... It took the paint off the front right body kit piece. A chunk of paint about the size of a baseball is missing now. If you guys really want ill take pics...

That sucks man Whats the psi on the pressure washer and what degree bit were you using ? I have a 2500 honda and ive never had that problem with a 45 degree bit .

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
It's a 3700psi I think. I was using a 15 degree but I was like 4 feet away...

lucke

Reaction score
just FYI... paint doesn't dry as well during the winter as it does during the summer.

good luck getting it fixed though.

Hanjob

Reaction score
holy crap... 3700psi... I believe for a car you shouldn't use more than 2400. I'd even use less than that. ouch :argh:

Top Bottom