Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Big three question

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Do we have any threads on doing the big three? Doing a search hasn't been successful. I'm looking to buy some 1/0 wire to wire in my two amps and want to get extra to do this. Thanks

Nvm I found a couple threads

Last edited:

SpeedX

Reaction score
I did the big 3 on my X and helped a little bit. Please note that the alternator does not connect directly to the battery, it connects to the fuse box. If I were you, I will use 0 gauge wire; Rockford Fosgate is expensive but a good wire. What you need is as follows:

Starter to Battery
Alternator to fuse box
Battery to grounding source (make sure you use a good source)
Soldering wire and flame

Lastly, a lot of patience as routing a gauge 0 wire into the fuse box is a pain in the butt.

If you further want to get more juice to your amps, upgrade your X 90amp alternator to the 130amp found on the Tacomas with the tow package.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I just ordered 20' of 0 gauge wire for my amps and to do the big three

justin13703

Reaction score
I just added a battery to frame ground to mine, I didn't feel like reaching all around in the engine bay and messing with the alternator lol. Weather it helped or not I don't know. But I know it didn't hurt and I don't get any voltage drops so I'm happy.

What is the total amperage draw for all your amps? I'm just curious cause 0 gauge wire is thick stuff and a lot of people go way overkill and just add unnecessary difficulty to the install by using really thick wire.

dramad1

Reaction score
I just added a battery to frame ground to mine

Same here. Didn't feel like running a wire across the engine bay. I haven't had any dimming and can monitor my voltages with the ultra gauge.

Top Bottom