Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BMWtech's Turbo Build

BMWtech

Reaction score
Met up with coupe this evening and picked up some parts! Just sent Scott a couple files yesterday so hopefully everything is looking good. If so I'll likely up the boost to 7 or 8lbs. As far as getting the truck dyno'd I'd like to do it in the near future. Any of the guys in Houston have suggestions on where to go?

B6C00EAC-A258-4C4E-9E33-018A7AED0F0E_zps0vnjmocv.jpg

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
My honest opinion is Kozmic Motorsports. However, they have a Mustang dyno which reads low, despite engineer tested. If you prefer a dynojet, there are some others. JTran, PowerFab Automotive, & KP Racing, to name a few.

STONER-X

Reaction score
Beating a car with the lower number makes them feel like crap... Lol

Man my 700hp ride just lost to that 300hp ride :)

BMWtech

Reaction score
Long overdue update. Not much time to spend online but the truck is running good. I have a couple small preturbo exhaust leaks that I need to sort out but besides that its everything is good. Truck is currently running 6-7 psi (not running any more until I have time to make sure the leaks are resolved) Its being daily driven and has been on two trips to Dallas and one trip to Nola since install. New wheels and tires went on in June. Running 285/40's all the way around! Currently waiting on the sway bars from the group buy and I'll likely do a complete front end suspension refresh at that time with new struts, ball joints, sway bar links, tie rods, and energy bushings. Attached is a pic with the new wheels and a pull vid. one is 2nd, 3rd, and briefly into 4th and the other is a 60-120 pull in 4th gear. Enjoy.....I'll try not to be such a stranger but damn I've been busy.

B12A6E46-D2C9-4339-B595-5F6642281CFE_zpsp3acz1t8.jpg

https://vimeo.com/182296015

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well son of a gun! Did you ever get a chance to have it dyno'd yet?

It has already passed its proficiency test, with those miles. Well done.

TRON

Reaction score
Well that truck looks familiar... nice wheels :top:

BMWtech

Reaction score
Well son of a gun! Did you ever get a chance to have it dyno'd yet?

It has already passed its proficiency test, with those miles. Well done.

Nope hasn't been on the dyno yet. Few need to find some free time and tweak a few things to my liking before I schedule dyno pulls. It pulls strong though!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I seem to have been tweeking on mine for years. Juuuuuust about got it.

Gadget

Reaction score
Way to much fun going on right there!!

Top Bottom