Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brake light goes on

Reaction score
Hey guys on my x the brake light on the gauge cluster goes.on when I'm braking.to a stop
And turns off when I take off has anyone dealt with this issue if so.any solution I will
Appreciate the help

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
I would say that either the rear brake shoes are running low, or something is shorting out the parking brake lead under the dash such as a bypassed after market GPS system

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Low on brake fluid.

If this is the case, check your pads and rotors before you just add fluid. As the pads and rotors wear the amount of fluid in the reservoir drops. The fluid has to take up the space that the worn brake material used to. So either A) your pads are REALLY worn (I got 75-80K miles and my light never came on, they were TOAST) or B) you have a leak somewhere allowing the fluid level to drop to levels that set off the light, or C) you have some crazy electrical issue.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out. :top:

STONER-X

Reaction score
time for new front pads!!! im almost at 60k its about time for me to change the original pads unless u have a leak

the light comes on when you press the pedal because there is a demand for fluid as the pads compress

burnboy

Reaction score
The light comes on because as you brake the nose of the vehicle dives and the fluid in the reservoir is displaced and the sensor sees low fluid. Not because of demand for fluid.

Reaction score
Did you install a hitch or something mine stated doing that when they intalled the hitch

butters607

Reaction score
yep this is what happens when your brake pedal goes down to far somthing is wrong within your brake system rears fronts needs to be re-bleed etc. also i wouldnt wait to check it out its pretty important!

STONER-X

Reaction score
The light comes on because as you brake the nose of the vehicle dives and the fluid in the reservoir is displaced and the sensor sees low fluid. Not because of demand for fluid.

same difference :stupid::rolleyez:

pedal goes down so does the fluid

burnboy

Reaction score
Sorry, wasn't trying to sound like a dick. Just trying to give good information. The reservoir level won't change enough to effect the sensor. The tolorance between the pad and rotor is very minute. It would be more like the caliper just squeezes and just applies the pressure via hydraulics rather than the piston actually traveling a distance of maybe less than a 1mm.

Reaction score
i checked the pads and the rotor and fill the resevoir the rotors need to be replace the light hasnt gone on yet so its just a waiting game to see if it goes on

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
If you brake light flashes on and off while driving, it means that your brake fluid is low. If the brake light is on constantly and isn't going off, it means that your brake fluid is really, really low, and probably also means that your pads are worn down. If this is the case, you probably hear your brakes squeaking non-stop as well. Means it's time to change pads and buy new or resurface your rotors.

But be cautious if doing it by yourself. Don't just fill brake fluid, then change your pads after, cause your reservoir will over flow with brake fluid, cause you filled it when the brake pistons were all the way out.

CBRBob

Reaction score
But be cautious if doing it by yourself. Don't just fill brake fluid, then change your pads after, cause your reservoir will over flow with brake fluid, cause you filled it when the brake pistons were all the way out.

Which is exactly why you don't 'top off' brake fluid!

Top Bottom