Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Converting to 2012 front end

Gadget

Reaction score
When I had my XRunner out in California it got all chipped up and decided to have the front end repainted.

Looked like this for a long time, but last Winter the paint on the redone parts started to flake and just looks like crap now. So, I have been trying to get a painter to redo the front clip again. He suggested to save time and labor time just get new body parts, bumper cover, hood, fenders and grill. OK, well that got me thinking....

Has anyone converted to the later front end style using the updated front end parts?

If you have I have some questions about your conversion before I take the plunge.

14457515_1114086908677902_5139473529835644380_n.jpg

Superloki24

Reaction score
I know there are a couple of guys over on TacomaWorld that have done it. Some of the parts may be different to make it a X-Runner, but I imagine the process would be the same.

I think it would look awesome to see a SWB 2012+ style X. Be sure to post pictures of it when you get it all done up.

Gadget

Reaction score
Thanks!!

The info I was looking for.

Now to make the big decision.....

Does anyone have a VIN for a 2012 or later XRunner? That will help my dealer look up the parts needed.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Pulled this one off Autotrader.....2013 Black....VIN:5TFTU4CN9DX001595

Now just make sure it's ready and drivable for X-Fest this year...haha

Reaction score
Use the fogs off the 22 tacoma limited they are inexpesive and oem , as far as parts i used a diagram from an online toyota parts dealer , some stuff i did aftermarket , you can talk to revomotor they can send you prepainted bumber and grill and hood it can be pricey though

Hawaiis Ribbon X

Reaction score
Ive seen quite a few SWB and RR owners with the conversion on the Facebook page. I doubt even half of those owners are active or even have a XRU account. Might have a better chance asking owners on that platform and reeling them in to XRU as well!

blu xr

Reaction score
Use the fogs off the 22 tacoma limited they are inexpesive and oem , as far as parts i used a diagram from an online toyota parts dealer , some stuff i did aftermarket , you can talk to revomotor they can send you prepainted bumber and grill and hood it can be pricey though
the pre-painted parts sound like a time and money saver.

so, if you convert the front end does the hood have to be changed because it is different?

blu xr

Reaction score
When I had my XRunner out in California it got all chipped up and decided to have the front end repainted.

Looked like this for a long time, but last Winter the paint on the redone parts started to flake and just looks like crap now. So, I have been trying to get a painter to redo the front clip again. He suggested to save time and labor time just get new body parts, bumper cover, hood, fenders and grill. OK, well that got me thinking....

Has anyone converted to the later front end style using the updated front end parts?

If you have I have some questions about your conversion before I take the plunge.

View attachment 23560
i really didn't care for the new face-lift front end at first, but after owning a 3rd gen taco, a 2016 and now a 2019...they've grown on me.

Top Bottom