Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DT short tube writeup??

itsme71190

Reaction score
I used the search button to no avail.... only thing was this header vs this header. Anyone got a link.

itsme71190

Reaction score
Yea i know that part. Wondering if there is a tip or trick to welding the cats correctly. I was going to do multiple test fits and stuff and tac the cat in.

PMK

Reaction score
The Doug Thorley website has good instructions. Pretty much you remove the old oem exhaust manifolds, position and secure the DTST with a few of the exhaust nuts. Then position the cat into the DTST and secure the cat via the lower support bracket. Tack in a few spots while mounted, then remove and weld.

One decision will be, how to cut the cat or header to join them. The header has a larger diameter outlet than the cats inlet. seems some people have removed the narrow portion of the cat inlet and welded the cats conical end to the header. DT in the instructions mentions this by saying it is possible to expand the cats opening to better fit the header allowing easier flowing exhaust.

As long as the link remains good at Doug Thorley this is the official instructions for DTST 2005 to 2011 vehicles. (my total number of posts is to low to allow posting links. I'm not selling or doing anything more than helping others so hopefully this won't get me banned. I'm going to remove the front end of each link, copy and search to find the actual webpage, add three W and a dot in front of each item below when you go to search)

dougthorley.com/install/THY-515%20INST.pdf

for 2012 and later

dougthorley.com/install/517_INST.pdf

PK

Last edited:

Bang Bang

Reaction score
When I use to have mine a buddy helped me. We cut the cats off of the manifolds then put on the headers with maybe one or two bolts, lined up cats with headers and ypipe and weilded in few small spots then took them out and finished it up. Worked really well. It helped that he weilds really good and there were three of us. Make sure to disconnect battery. If you can I would go longtubes, less hassel.

DOUBLEJTACOMA

Reaction score
There is a good writeup for short tubes on Tacomaworld. Try searching there

Top Bottom