Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

electronic rust protection

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright so after much debate between me and the ms it looks like I will be driving the x throughout the winter. I don't have a place to store it and the money for storage/another vehicle would best be used towards a down payment towards a house with a garage!

Anyway short story longer I will be taking the truck to krown as usual but am also looking at the Diamond Kote DK9000 electronic rust inhibitor system.

I know that these systems work optimal on metal that is submerged completely however if it does anything at all IMO it would be worth it to protect my baby!

I am expecting mixed reviews on it but it is much appreciated, also if you have experience with another systems please post up :adore:

butters607

Reaction score
Alright so after much debate between me and the ms it looks like I will be driving the x throughout the winter. I don't have a place to store it and the money for storage/another vehicle would best be used towards a down payment towards a house with a garage!

Anyway short story longer I will be taking the truck to krown as usual but am also looking at the Diamond Kote DK9000 electronic rust inhibitor system.

I know that these systems work optimal on metal that is submerged completely however if it does anything at all IMO it would be worth it to protect my baby!

I am expecting mixed reviews on it but it is much appreciated, also if you have experience with another systems please post up :adore:

I know my old dealership I worked at used this on their caddys and it worked!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
happen to recall which system they used?

butters607

Reaction score
I don't I'm sorry but I actually remember asking them about these

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Be carefull with Krown, the stuff they use is realy good on metal but not on some rubber componants and connectors

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah I was gonna go with the diamond kote undercoating too but i don't want it cloging up all the holes in the frame causing it to rust from the inside out.... many people go with krown and are fine.. is there something else you would recommend?

BrokenTusk

Reaction score
I have the diamond coat under coating cause i live up north in fort mac. I've only had my truck through one winter so far but it seemed fine enough to me underneath this summer

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
You can always check Toyota and see what they offer. Got mine done at the dealer. it only as good as the person that does the job. Fort Mc Murry is cold and dry and probably no salt.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
right on, I am still in the early stages of research and am weighing my options :top:

BrokenTusk

Reaction score
Fort McMurray puts an insane amount of salt on their roads and dirt. new vehicles rust within 5-7 years here

MplsX

Reaction score
Wash it well at least once a week and don't use a heated garage.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah it gets washed at least twice a week in a touchless carwash in the winter and it is by no other choice kept outdoors....

I figure the truck has already seen 4 winters and been deflowered so it's moot to start storing it now...

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
DONT DO IT.......I didn't read any other post but I used to work at Honda....and u are not allowed to wax ur truck with that....just go to Krown..... have them do your truck..... every year..... it will be ok.....

That electronic crap is that crap

Top Bottom