Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Engine Cleaner

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys know of any product strong enough to clean grease as well as being safe on painted valve covers.

I am looking for something that you could buy at discount auto or any local parts store.

Thanks in advance,

Grumpy

Reaction score
How bad is your engine bay? Simple green & water mix (1:1) has been very effective for me.

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
Well it is not that dirty I just have some oil from my S/C when the seal was leaking. I just painted my valve covers red and didnt want any degreaser to stain them.

Grumpy

Reaction score
There's a local professional detail supplies place that sell similar product to Maxima SC1. Its call TexBrite Shine-It. Bassically a dressing spray in an aerosol can.

How about dishsoap (Dawn/Palmolive) and water mix in a spray bottle as an alternative? If you rattle can your valve cover, don't use brake cleaner any where near it lol.

Gadget

Reaction score
Palmolive or Dawn!!!

Lather, rinse, repeat!!

G

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
Haven't tried it, but I dont see why it wouldn't clean and also dissolve grease without affecting the paint.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Palmolive or Dawn!!!

Lather, rinse, repeat!!

G

G speaks the truth. I did this after my oil leak and it worked. I have also used that spray foam you can pick up at most any store. I use water from the water house to clean it off....without pressure. I don't know abou that paint. May need to pull the covers off for that, but the advice you got here should get the oil off. My PS pump leaks. When I hit it with a pressure washer it gets it off well.

Emanon

Reaction score
I am very careful about using any harsh cleaning chemicals on the engine area. It is so easy to stain unfinished raw metal. If you go that route be sure to start with a weak solution and rinse thoroughly. I echo Gadget's suggestion and normally use car wash soap and a paint brush. I have a hand pressured sprayer bottle filled with de-ionized water that I use for rinsing as it dries spot free if I miss any.

STONER-X

Reaction score
Lather, rinse, repeat!!

G

thats what i told her lol:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ya what G said that soap is very gentle to delicate surfaces.... tough on grease and gentle on you hands... plus you engine will smell like a "gentle fall shower" haha

also check out castrol super clean..... ITS STRONG so a very dulited portion would be needed....

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Dilluted simple green and SC1

baystg2.jpg

baystag2b.jpg

(had to whore it) :laugh:

Top Bottom