Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Friday was dyno day

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Summer temps certainly played a part in the low-ish numbers. I know of some things that can be done to get you a little better exhaust flow if you are interested.

Hmm.. that does seem a little low. Like I told you, I made 225 at the wheels at Turbochargers.com dyno, i dont remember what it was (i think a mustang dyno) but you have more mods than I do so would think your power would be at least the same if not more. And i agree with wisenthefools, hes got a good point. But just because your not the best at driving your truck doesnt mean you cant dump more power into it, just remember its gonna be even harder to drive!

That one was a mustang dyno. Makes me curious what #'s Britt made when we dyno'd her truck. She has less mods. I remember that Grumpy made 230 ish with pulleys, CAI, and manifold spacer, on the TRD exhaust.

Very well possible that you need to replace your spark plugs if the are old, as well.

Last edited:

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
The current peak number is not what is so important. What is important is how much of gain there is from your before dyno. What was your before dyno??

G

This was the X's first dyno. the #'s are the #'s. :crinklehair:
More importantly,
I'm just tring to make sure the engine can handle being boosted, well
as much as possible.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
When was the last time that you changed the plugs?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I made nearly the same numbers, with nearly the same miles...all i had was welded on Flowmaster 40 and 3" ABS intake...Something is not right here....

Murderface

Reaction score
A baseline dyno woulda helped tremendously. Then u would know what the increase was like G said. Live and learn. It's also possible they didn't have the trans in the right gear or didn't correctly do the SAE correction?

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
When was the last time that you changed the plugs?

@ 90,000 miles, serviced @ Stealership (Don McGil). Interested.

I made nearly the same numbers, with nearly the same miles...all i had was welded on Flowmaster 40 and 3" ABS intake...Something is not right here....

I'm open to any ideas. Truck runs fine, so hopefully things only improve.

A baseline dyno woulda helped tremendously. Then u would know what the increase was like G said. Live and learn. It's also possible they didn't have the trans in the right gear or didn't correctly do the SAE correction?

Better late than never, right?

Ok next is fuel pump, plugs, O2 ext for the LT's. Cravenspeed 4 wideband, maybe URD 3". I have an Ultra gauge, any reading I should be double checking.

Butters - do u have before and after pics of where u cut out the panel for the front tubing? (hope that makes sense)
thanks

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
@ 90,000 miles, serviced @ Stealership (Don McGil). Interested.

I'm open to any ideas. Truck runs fine, so hopefully things only improve.

Better late than never, right?

Ok next is fuel pump, plugs, O2 ext for the LT's. Cravenspeed 4 wideband, maybe URD 3". I have an Ultra gauge, any reading I should be double checking.

Butters - do u have before and after pics of where u cut out the panel for the front tubing? (hope that makes sense)
thanks

Cut the front tubing? On which part?

Did they do the dyno in 4th gear? I am pretty sure they did.

How many miles on your truck now?

If you need help with the fuel pump. Just has to be when I get back from vacation later this September.

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
danny-monitor your LTFT's on your UG

Okay.

Cut the front tubing? On which part?
Did they do the dyno in 4th gear? I am pretty sure they did.
How many miles on your truck now?
If you need help with the fuel pump. Just has to be when I get back from vacation later this September.

I have 138,244 and thanks.

Murderface

Reaction score
So what's the short term and long term fuel trims supposed to be? At idle and at WOT that is?

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
New dyno

So what's the short term and long term fuel trims supposed to be? At idle and at WOT that is?

:dontknow: good question... anyone :hmmmm2:

Hit a little milestone early last week
2012-04-13_00-30-40_620.jpg

So went & had a new dyno done Sat morning, 4/21..
Since last dyno, upgraded with URD fuel pump, jba lt, y-pipe, URD 3" magnaflow w/14"res. & plugs.
IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0010-1.jpg

just luvin tha X...

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Much better numbers bro! And man you and your xrunner put in work to get that mileage.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Damn dude! You picked up a huge amount! Congrats on the N/A numbers! Still pulling strong for 150K :adore:

I might have to post this link up on TW. ;)

Did you manage to go to the track this past weekend?

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
Damn dude! You picked up a huge amount! Congrats on the N/A numbers! Still pulling strong for 150K :adore:

I might have to post this link up on TW. ;)

JUST DO IT :top:

Did you manage to go to the track this past weekend?
Just do it ...
thanks. An increase of 27hp & 30 respectively :biggrin:. got some cool morning air. hopefully i'll have a Go-Pro for tha next dyno.
yes. went out to LMP sat night, for test-n-tune. won't be posting those times :argh:
What does 16s 1/4 @ 97.12 tell you ... :laugh:

slick track :crinklehair:, that my story and I'm stickin 2 it.

Top Bottom