Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Interior lighting

XBX

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a thread to this. There is so many threads to look through.

The lighting behind the thermostat controls went out. The knob that adjust the speed of air being blown is out. The temperature knob and A/C mode still have the lights on. Does anyone know how to fix this and if it is easy to fix? I read that you can change the color of the lights, but is it just plug and play or is there some soldering involved?

06 xrunner

Reaction score
If you pop the whole unit out you will see two bulbs in the back that you use a flathead screwdriver to twist out. Stick a small flathead under the HVAC (heater control unit) and it will pop right out It's just 4 clips that hold the unit in. Changing the color on the whole unit is a real pain to do because there is an orange film on the inside of the dials if you search HVAC color change it should come up

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Oh yeah who wouldn't want Tina to help you pop something off

XBX

Reaction score
is the bulb itself like a plug and play? where can I get these little lights?

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Yep you just take that one out and put the new one in. Should be able to get from dealership or online

06 xrunner

Reaction score
^^^that's cause you to busy staring at her and not listening lol

XBX

Reaction score
any idea on what to search for online? I just dont want to order the wrong size.

XBX

Reaction score
I just messaged him and he said that he has them but they dont turn out good. Something with how they project out.

Top Bottom