Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lowering question

rx-runner

Reaction score
ok currently im running 275/45/20s and i have some rubbing issues, but only when i turn. so i was wondering if it will become worse if i lower the truck? or should i wait till i get some 35 profile tires?

thanks
eden

ddongbap

Reaction score
ok currently im running 275/45/20s and i have some rubbing issues, but only when i turn. so i was wondering if it will become worse if i lower the truck? or should i wait till i get some 35 profile tires?

thanks
eden
I don't know how much worse the kit would make it. I'd lower it anyways. There shouldn't be any problems, since the tires would be rubbing from the inside of the rim. Lowering shouldn't make it any worse/better.

rx-runner

Reaction score
does anyone have 45 profile tires with 20s with the lowering kit?

BSPX

Reaction score
255/35 is what all of the bagged trucks I used to build ran it they never rubbed. I would think they would be ok with a 45 series though

i_ski

Reaction score
So here's the scoop... Original tires for our trucks are 27.35x10" your tires are 29.74x10.8" this means that you are roughly 2.5" taller and 3/4" wider than stock. If you are already rubbing and you remove another 2" of fender gap you can count on rubbing that much more. UNLESS you can either compensate with different wheel back spacing (rubbing on inside of wheel well at front and or back AND you still have clearance on the outer fender well) OR trimming.... Either of those options aren't necessarily for the DIYer.
I hope this helps you make an informed decision.

Top Bottom