Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My Custom Center Console Opinions wanted

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
Since im keeping the X & after i fix it. hopefully soon i decided to do something insane with sound :blurock:

Im taking out the center console. Putting a JL 10 or Maybe Kicker L7. Depending it might be crazy bass.
I might keep one sub in the center console and where the other sub is on the back wall i might make a custom plexi glass mount for the amp. im still undecided.

If you guys have an opionions or additions or ideas , im all ears :top:. below is a quick mock up.
the dark gray is the back seats. the light gray is the "project"

project.png

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
I have been looking into putting a sub in mine also like a l7 12 but don't wanna lose my back seat in this truck but this thread has given me some ideas

dramad1

Reaction score
Stealth box. Comes with a 10" jl w2 I think. Fits right into the back of center console after gutting the inside out

Workman3886

Reaction score
I'm not into sound too much, but that box would be really sweet for show and sound... I like it

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
dramad1 said:
Stealth box. Comes with a 10" jl w2 I think. Fits right into the back of center console after gutting the inside out

Too expensive and it looks okay.
I've been making sub boxes since for awhile now this shouldn't be too hard.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
haha strada, u got it mixed up! light grey is seat, and dark is project, u said it the other way around! just fyi! and i like the jl sub, i also like ur box, but combined idk how that would look! ah idk about this design! thats just imo, but would work for more subs for sure

kayo808

Reaction score
If you want to straight sub out then just build a wall in the back. Or even better you should do a blow through in the bed of your truck. I think only 1 xr had it before i believe.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it would look cool but sound like poo!! The sub in the center console would be blasting sound waves into the second subbox creating vibrations and distorting the second sub And/or box..... Hard to explain but ya follow?? Kinda maybe no eh

GillMAN

Reaction score
^^ if that is the case you can try to mount the front center console sub facing the floor like the subbin x boxes...
the concept looks clean but it is all about execution. if done correctly this would be awesome.

dramad1

Reaction score
J_StradaXR said:
Too expensive and it looks okay.
I've been making sub boxes since for awhile now this shouldn't be too hard.

Maybe make a clone of this stealth box and leave out the rear sub in your diagram and go with rear door subs. ???

Top Bottom