Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My fellow Canadians read this!!!!

i_ski

Reaction score
There is a class action suit against many of the automakers with regards to price fixing and not being able to buy south of the border for the savings. Given our dollar is worth more than the American one, why are we paying thousands(if not ten's of thousands) more for our cars, even the ones made here!?!?! Toyota hasn't been named to the suit just yet but at some point it may well be. Check out the following link... http://www.jruslaw.com/classactions/carprice.shtml

Mods: I put this under regional as that's what it pertains to even though it's not a Canadian "event" per say

Ridelow

Reaction score
Man, you should see the car prices in Norway then, I had to put out, with the current valuta prices I payed [SIZE=+1]49.416 USD [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]for my 2005 SWB with 30 000 miles on it, and even then I am not allowed to have passengeres in the rear seats. and thats not a bad price for a car like that.. here... maaaaaan... norwegian car tax sux

Peace
M
[/SIZE]

lucke

Reaction score
Man, you should see the car prices in Norway then, I had to put out, with the current valuta prices I payed [SIZE=+1]49.416 USD [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]for my 2005 SWB with 30 000 miles on it, and even then I am not allowed to have passengeres in the rear seats. and thats not a bad price for a car like that.. here... maaaaaan... norwegian car tax sux

Peace
M
[/SIZE]
whoa, a member from Norway...:top:

why aren't you allowed to have passengers in the rear seats? there are safety restraints back there:hmmmm2:

AFP520

Reaction score
Ridelow said:
Man, you should see the car prices in Norway then, I had to put out, with the current valuta prices I payed 49.416 USD for my 2005 SWB with 30 000 miles on it, and even then I am not allowed to have passengeres in the rear seats. and thats not a bad price for a car like that.. here... maaaaaan... norwegian car tax sux
OMFG! :argh:

Matt's06

Reaction score

Peace
M
[/SIZE]

:eek: I would have sold you mine for 30k USD. :biggrin: You would have had to drive a few hours to pick it up.

So, if you meet anyone that really likes yours let em' know. Then I will just buy another.

Last edited:

JacksonJ

Reaction score
So it's finally turned into a class action suit. I read this about 1 week ago and there were only 4 plantiffs.

I bought my XR in July so I did pay a lot more compared to our cousins in the south. Although I got a few discounts too so I don't know how those come into play with anything like this...

i_ski

Reaction score
As an example directly from Toyota's web pages(.ca and .com) in the US $24045 in Canada $31850 is there a reason for the 25% hike?????? :motz::frown::bird::thumpdown::stupid::argh::hmmmm2:

Crouse BLUE X

Reaction score
its pretty sicking isnt it knowing that we could have saved almost $10 000, when i tried to buy my x last november from a dealer in new england i was turned down and that was when the american dollar was worth more then ours. woth the difference in the exchange it would have still been cheaper to buy an american x.

Top Bottom