Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My tailgate

stretch200

Reaction score
So today I bent my tailgate. Sucks. But It held up really well. It feels weak when you stand on it, but mine held about 1000 pounds of cement blocks. I'm going to go right now, and see if I can fix it.

Here's a picture
tail_gate.jpg

xtoplinex

Reaction score
wow...crazy...Nice to see that someone is using for work. :biggrin:

and it kinda looks like you have a blue rhinoliner.

WisconsinX

Reaction score
Only one thing to do:
Make a flat bed out of her and call her your huntin' truck.:rock:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Wow.. i thought my bed was getting scratched up :laugh:

stretch200

Reaction score
Wow.. i thought my bed was getting scratched up :laugh:

haha! It's just dirty. If I scrub it, the bed will look almost good as new. It's mostly powder from concrete.

So, I opened my tailgate up and banged on it alot. Now it looks ALMOST perfect. You can't even tell anything from the outside. On the bedside part, you can only see a little curve, and that's if you are trying to find it and know where it is. I looked and almost couldn't find it.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
Ever since I read about people bending the tailgate I use 3/4 plywood when loading bags of sand and cement

project-c2

Reaction score
Seen that problem on TN, guy was carring sandbags and it slid back and forth dented both front and tailgate of the bed. Good truck, but the bed/tailgate sucks.:dontknow:

stretch200

Reaction score
sounds good. I think I will. But the problem is I need so much stuff for my X that there's a written list. Crazy.

nxrunner

Reaction score
the mat is worth every penny, buy it you wont regret it.:top:

I have one and I love it. It helps with the scratches and also holds my stuff from sliding around when I turn corners alittle too fast.

XrunDan

Reaction score
i have not had anything in the bed but my R/C plane and a few trash bags, she is still pretty much a virgin:biggrin:

EDIT...........I helped my buddy move a couch once, so i guess i have torn the bed hymen

akakrill

Reaction score
Get a tacoma no slip bed mat!

I too have a creased tail gate...Pissed me off.. about 800lbs of ceramic tile took a short slide...:thumpdown: I tried to get it warrantied as a cheap ass tailgate! If this happens to you say you were standing on it and it bent...You'll get a new one for sure...

stretch200

Reaction score
I too have a creased tail gate...Pissed me off.. about 800lbs of ceramic tile took a short slide...:thumpdown: I tried to get it warrantied as a cheap ass tailgate! If this happens to you say you were standing on it and it bent...You'll get a new one for sure...

oooo!!! That's a good idea. I think I'll try that this weekend.

UPDATE: The outside metal of the tailgate was fine. I looked at it today and there are two creases in the metal underneath the handle. And one more towards the bottom and to the side. Pissed the hell out of me when I saw it. :argh:

Top Bottom