Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New use for WD-40

SWB X

Reaction score
after you clean your rims, spray this on there wait 10 min. Wipe dry and all the dust, dirt and road grime will come off super easy.:top:

It will also add a shine.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Yeah... alot of people don't know that WD-40 is damn good cleaner too... works wonders on sticker residue also, just spray it on and let it set and then wipe clean :top:

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
yup i use WD-40 ... but recently my brakes has been squeeking ... and also squeeks in the mornin when i leave home ... and its just throwing brake dust like theres no tomm :laugh: ... i think i need new brakes :thumpdown:

07XR808

Reaction score
Does it strip anything off though? Like the clear from your rims

tech532

Reaction score
NO NO NO, do not put it on paint........yes is is a good cleaner, but not something that needs to be used every time you clean your wheels, actually I would never use it...but to each his own. It will over time damage the shine (clear) of your wheels or whatever else. It doest have chemicals in it such as solvents. There are much much better products to use on this particular cleaning, of wheels and brakes, Soap and water are bout the best to keep the wheel looking new, but if you do let your truck go and it does buid up with brake dust and road grime, then use soap water and a little degreaser. But most things that are a miracle cleaner that requires little effort will hurt the finish over time and continuios use.

azjimi

Reaction score
Yeah... alot of people don't know that WD-40 is damn good cleaner too... works wonders on sticker residue also, just spray it on and let it set and then wipe clean :top:

That's because it's mostly solvent. I use it that way myself sometimes because it's convenient but mineral spirits (aka paint thinner) is WAY cheaper & will do the exact same thing.

As far as brake dust, almost anything damp will remove it: someone mentioned soap & water, but even plain water on a rag will do it.

Deviant

Reaction score
It's always better to use car soap and water or a mild degreaser (diluted). This way the lubricants safely wash away the brake dust. Using just plain water may end up grinding it into the clear and cause some micro marring. Just something to consider...

nxrunner

Reaction score
It's always better to use car soap and water or a mild degreaser (diluted). This way the lubricants safely wash away the brake dust. Using just plain water may end up grinding it into the clear and cause some micro marring. Just something to consider...

I agree.....

07XR808

Reaction score
Just put a couple of drops of dish washing soap (Joy, etc etc) into a spray bottle and mix with water. Spray the solution unto your rims while you wash your car. By the time that you are pau washing your truck, the soap will have loosened up the grease and brake dust and make it easier for you to wash your wheels...

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
WD-40 and paint in my experience over time will start to fade the paint. WD-40 works well on metal and chrome to take off adhesive.

xmoney

Reaction score
WD works wonders on grease! :) I use it to clean my bike chain once a year.

Top Bottom