Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Noise from engine

07xru

Reaction score
I hear a little rattle on my engine....so I went to the dealship and they told me "that's normal" on all v6 tacomas. Is that true?

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
Yeah that's normal, you will hear injector click, some valve train noise threw the exhaust manifolds and the clicking sound of the evap purge VSV valve, nothing to worry about.

drewXrunner

Reaction score
im getting the same sound. But it seems like its getting louder everyday.

BLUE X

Reaction score
yup me too. also if i go at about 100 mph or if is very windy there is a whistiling noise coming from the vents up in the dash, has anybody had that

MancheX

Reaction score
yup me too. also if i go at about 100 mph or if is very windy there is a whistiling noise coming from the vents up in the dash, has anybody had that
Yup. I get that too.

drewXrunner

Reaction score
im getting a little knocking sound and vibration after i have come to a stop in the rear end. Anyone getting that?

BSPX

Reaction score
yep, drew I've been telling you about that. I took it to the dealer and they said, we dont see anything wrong (because we are retarted), but there is a great powertrain warranty. So I told them I would try to go ahead and break it so when I bring it in next time they wont waste so much of my time. Since then the X has been a lot more fun to drive, burnouts and powerslides everyday.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score

Yup. I get that too.

That sounds like a windshield leak (air leak), when it does it push around on the windshield and see if you can change the noise if so, the windshield needs to be resealed.

Top Bottom