Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RACES......

Local around town kills. WHAT WOULD YOU PREFER.....STR8 HEADS UP? OR FROM A ROLL?

• Total voters

Phantom X

Reaction score
I prefer roll races myself. For 3 reasons
1. I feel digs are a little hard on the drivetrain
2. Roll races puts a better vehicle vs vehicle scenario..
3. I suck at digs.:laugh:

sonic555u

Reaction score
V6, its one of the new ones. hes made it look pretty clean real racer looking camry painted the chrome off to match the car has rim in it and stuff i was pissed off now I know I need the urd supercharger mk 3.

Poke Squid

Reaction score
Real race is from a dig. Anything could happen on a launch. From a roll it's more of a friendly thing and it's not as harsh on your drive train. Unless youer grinding gears. Lol

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
In most "civilized" areas its easier/safer/more discreet to pull off a roll race with someone you come across then it is to try and pull off a unified start holeshot in the middle of a public highway.

Id take either one depending on the surrounding conditions; in the end the winner will be a combination of the better driver & faster car.

When you have two vehicles with similar power to weight ratios - its just as much as a drivers race from a standing roll as it is from a dig.

Example: Ive run against identical OEM stock cars from a roll and won by 1-2 car lengths.

Most cars/trucks with decent power will rip wheel at 40+ anyway...

Unless you have an absolutely desolate stretch of highway (lucky!), roll race is usually the way to go for many reasons.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I usually like to let off the brake if ive been holding it for a while, then reapply if its from a dig... less tire barking.... but from a roll.... I do wayyyy better....

SgtBadA

Reaction score
I roll raced a neon srt4 today and got him by 1/2 a length. His face after was priceless. I wish i would have had a camera

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Im sure i could i started to pull away from him but traffic was coming up quick. I wanted to go again but he sped off.

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
I feel like roll racing requires the least driver skill (ergh can you hold the wheel straight? :laugh:) and all about the car's set up. I will vote for dig since their is actual driver involvement/skill.

Personally, I don't care for either. I prefer auto cross or track racing.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A roll is cool, but a dig is the most exciting.

This said it best. I also suck from a dig but I enjoy digs the most. Unfortunately today I had a dig race with a friendly guy in an Eco Boost Ford F250 that had asked what all I'd done to the truck. We shared stories and then ended up at a red light together down the road. He smoked me...

... because while I was chatting to him at the light I forgot to shift from 3rd to first. :motz: [FML] That was a first. It's a good thing I do these now because they're fun and not because my ego needs help. I told him as I went by (turning) "Oh well, I was in 3rd at the light. Have a good day man!" and I went to Lowe's and bought my shit.

Top Bottom