Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Snooping around discount auto

crazy2win

Reaction score
so i was snooping around discount :hmmmm2:.. lol. and i found the oil filter rack. and looked up our trucks oil filter and its a hp-1002 so i started lookin at all other k&n oil filters and found my friends srt oil filter a hp-2009. an was amazed that there the same diameter and thread pich, but the hp-2009 are double the lenght = more oil filtration = better oil. so i looked up on k&n web sight and saw they have the same PSI Relief Valve: 8-11 and both have anti drain back flap. here are the specks. ( i think its a great find i'm going to switch on my next oil change) :top:

HP-1002 Product SpecificationsProduct Style: Oil Filters
Height: 3.8 in (97 mm)
Outside Diameter: 3 in (76 mm)
PSI Relief Valve: 8-11
Anti Drain Back Valve: Yes
Style: Canister
Weight: 0.7 lb (0.3 kg)
Product Box Length: 3.12 in (79 mm)
Product Box Width: 3.12 in (79 mm)
Product Box Height: 3.8 in (97 mm)

HP-2009 Product SpecificationsProduct Style: Oil Filters
Height: 5.14 in (131 mm)
Outside Diameter: 3 in (76 mm)
PSI Relief Valve: 8-11
Anti Drain Back Valve: Yes
Style: Canister
Weight: 0.8 lb (0.3 kg)
Product Box Length: 3.15 in (80 mm)
Product Box Width: 3.15 in (80 mm)
Product Box Height: 5.14 in (131 mm)

BlkRunner

Reaction score
you would also have to put just a tad bit more oil in your truck when you change it. let us know how it goes.

crazy2win

Reaction score
you would also have to put just a tad bit more oil in your truck when you change it. let us know how it goes.

when i do my oil changes i put 5 quarts in instead of 4.8 so i think ill be in good standings, it going to happen with in the nextr couple months.

Bigdawg

Reaction score
One item to check on here. Is the gasket the same. The gasket will dictate how much oil pressure the filter will stand. If you do have an issue, the filter manufacturer will not warranty your engine because it was a mis-application. Buyer beware.

crazy2win

Reaction score
One item to check on here. Is the gasket the same. The gasket will dictate how much oil pressure the filter will stand. If you do have an issue, the filter manufacturer will not warranty your engine because it was a mis-application. Buyer beware.

gaskets were the same, the filter botoms were exactly alike. i worked at a penzoil lube shop two years ago a we would do that, if we did not have the filter we would cross refrence it in the computer and it would most of the time give us the biger (longer not wider) filter.

Top Bottom