Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stereo control question...steering wheel

blu xr

Reaction score
i looked around but didnt see where anyone has done this. is it possible to hook up the control buttons on the steering wheel to operate an aftermarket head unit?. my oem unit was replaced with a kenwood & ipod cable set up. i'll try to get the model later.

does anyone have theirs hooked up and working? is there some special connector or maybe some jumpers so i could get this to work? just thought it would be nice if they actually functioned. also, does anyone know what the blank buttons on the right side are for? do some of you guys with newer xr's have extra equip. that i dont have?

:top: thx

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I have been told there is some kinda Bluetooth device that makes them functional, but haven't seen it yet. I also want to fix this problem.

triumphx

Reaction score
The only thing i can think of is to break the deck open and see what wires are connected to the buttons you wish to control and solder a wire to them to bridge off of. More of a pita than its probably worth but im interested in this as well. C'mon geineu(?) pig!

absolut

Reaction score
yes u can, I have the eclipse head unit and the buttons work, u need to get the connectors.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
I have a Eclipse in-dash and i never had to add anything for the steering controls. Mine was all built into the wiring for the radio. Other radios offer to use the PAC module to hook it up and i beleive the module runs about $70

TomsXR

Reaction score
I use the Metra Access ASWC to get the steering wheel buttons to work. Can also get a PAC steering wheel control module as well.

Edgeman

Reaction score
Go to Crutchfield's website. I believe they sell a device, but at the very least, you can ask one of their techs.

blu xr

Reaction score
thx guys for the help.

i'll look into all this....im sure it will differ a little between the head unit brand.

but still...does anyone have buttons on the right side of the steering wheel? what are they for?

arizonacatjetton

Reaction score
I have a Kenwood DNX 6140 double din and I bought the harness so you can still use your factory steering wheel buttons. I think the harness was like 45.00 or something like that, but its really easy to install and the buttons work great.

Top Bottom