Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Super botched shifter chop.

vhmc_lex

Reaction score
When I bought my x-runner I knew the shifter had been cut way too low. My plan was to install the UDR short throw on it. Once I got the center console out I was greeted with this sight.
20151118_150756.jpg

20151118_151237.jpg

Someone actually duct taped the shifter together....
What are my cheepest options to fix this mess?
I've looked for parts but so far I can only find the whole asembly

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like total garbage! Coupe might have something you can use.

lamia2super

Reaction score
buy from coupe....if anything i might have a lever around but it has the wobble.

STONER-X

Reaction score
Wow that sucks

What I did on mine was I took a nut that slipped over that nub on the shaft then welded it to the black part... worked like a champ...

If you don't have funds your cheapest bet is going to use a metal pipe to extend the shifter where you want it to be and weld it all up.... or tape it lol

justin13703

Reaction score
^ No disrespect man, but do NOT do this lol. You need another shifter assembly. That thing is junk.

Buy a new or used shifter arm from someone on here, or get a coupe modified one. Don't rig up an already rigged up part...

Coupe shifters are really nice. One of the best things I did to my truck. Welded transmits a lot of noise. Especially if you have a lightweight flywheel.

30Birdy

Reaction score
Do not take any short cuts here. Get a new shifter and you will enjoy the feel and confidence it will provide. I just keep picturing in my mind that shifter coming off at highway speed:ahhhhh:

vhmc_lex

Reaction score
Well I ended up ordering one from Coupe. For all the work that goes into making something like that it's a hell of a deal. It's terrifying driving it now that I know it's not connected haha

Top Bottom