Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

To Undercoat or not to Undercoat?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I have read some very mixed views in regards to undercoating the undercarriage of the truck in the last week or so. I was wondering where some of the forum members stand with undercoating.

There seems to be a lot of controversy referencing if its even worth it or not, some say it makes matters worse, and some say they love it.

I live in the Northeast and the trucks dump more salt here then needed. There is sometimes more salt on the ground then snow. It is something I am considering having done before the winter sets in.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
If your living where it snows and they salt the roads then I would definitely undercoat it will keep your body panels from rusting out, but it is still a very good idea to spray the fender wells and under body best you can with water anyway after driving through the salted roads even undercoated, also it will cut down on road noise from inside the cab, it would be well worth it.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
+1 on what s/chargedxrunner06 said. I've only undercoated my 1st vehicle and I thought it was a waste of money, especially here in SJ CA. The worst thing about the undercoating that I got was it started flaking off after awhile. If you do decide to get it done make sure your bottom of your truck is clean before getting it done.

Top Bottom