Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Transmission issue sorry new to this

2005xrunner_red

Reaction score
:hmmmm2 Hello my x runner bros
I have a issue with my 2005 x runner its stock
I was driving it around for about a hour there was no grinding or weird noises
I backed it in my garage and waxed it, like two hours later I get back into vehicle and
Notice that it's stuck into a gear I'm guessing 4th so I try and put it into neutral and it feels
Like it might be in neutral but when I let go of clutch it dies out, so it's still into a gear,
Then I try and put it into another gear and its like blocked I can't even get it to go where 5, 6th is
Is it my transmission or?

Last edited:

madtrucker

Reaction score
It could be the slave cylinder, or the master cylinder . It sounds like your not getting separation between the clutch and the pressure plate. If you pump the pedal does it go into gear then? How many miles? I have seen a few guys on here say that their pressure plate came apart around 80,000 miles. Hopefully it's just the hydraulics and not the clutch.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
^^^ sounds like that. The stock transmissions have weak shift forks

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
^^^ yup lol. Wouldn't be the master or slave as he would still be able to get it out of gear while the truck isn't running. Good luck man. Better talk to Urd and save your money and get the t56 lol

Last edited:

2005xrunner_red

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a t56 out of his 03 cobra how much would the swap cost without the price of transmission?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You'd need the kit. Look in URD's section in the vendor threads.

Top Bottom