Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD TCAI filter chafing

Matt's06

Reaction score
anyone else having this problem? Did I installing something wrong?
july4006.jpg

july4007.jpg

july4004.jpg

Bobby B

Reaction score
Mine rubs and I can see this potentially happening. Is there room for adjustment or possibly cut some of the inner grill out. Is it rubbing the radiator? I think that would be worse. Of coarse I have not gone 140 miles MPH! maybe it happened when you were trying to break the sound barrier. LOL!

Last edited:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I believe if you try adjusting that thing some that you should be able to get it not to rub. Im not 100% sure on that thou :top:

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Is that the filter they gave you? Because I have a different one on mine.:hmmmm2:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
my s/c filter did the same thing. 10 min with a dremel on the inside of the grill will fix it

Justin

Matt's06

Reaction score
It is adjusted all the way in. It is rubbing on the grill, so I guess I will take a dremmel to the grill. I just thought maybe I put the bracket together wrong or something.

Spyder327

Reaction score
I've had my S/C kit on for a LONG time and thats never happened to me that i've noticed.

Is that the filter they gave you? Because I have a different one on mine.:hmmmm2:

Why do you think your filter is different? It looked the same to me from what i remember.

Gadget

Reaction score
That should not happen at all with the URD TCAI.

One thing you can try is to adjust the silicone connectors where the two pipes join and where it connects to the throttle body.

If you extend those connections a little it should pivot on the rubber lord mount and move the filter closer to the radiator and clear the grill.

Gadget

Matt's06

Reaction score
That should not happen at all with the URD TCAI.

One thing you can try is to adjust the silicone connectors where the two pipes join and where it connects to the throttle body.

If you extend those connections a little it should pivot on the rubber lord mount and move the filter closer to the radiator and clear the grill.

Gadget

OK, that makes sense. I remember when I put it on I made sure the metal on each pipe was touching so I think that maybe the ticket.

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Why do you think your filter is different? It looked the same to me from what i remember.
His it just a stratight cylindrical shape. Mine Angles downward towards the driver's side. Just look at the pics of the one on URD's site. That is the one I have.

Spyder327

Reaction score
His it just a stratight cylindrical shape. Mine Angles downward towards the driver's side. Just look at the pics of the one on URD's site. That is the one I have.

Maybe im missing something but i'm not seeing a difference.

Gadget

Reaction score
URD has tested many different filters, but only shipped one. They are all the same AMSOIL filters.

Gadget

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Hmm maybe it's just the angles of the pictures that make it look different.:hmmmm2:

SWB X

Reaction score
You should trim the interior of the grille no matter what anyone says. I did, and it fits like a glove.

Matt's06

Reaction score
I just did what gadget said about adjusting the rubber coupler and it worked awesome.

Top Bottom