Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weird Oil Change

Imprezz

Reaction score
Well today I did an oil change on my truck and when I opened up the oil cap it had some weird tan colored cream looking crap in there. The oil change before was done with royal purple 5w30 and k&n oil filter, same as this time. When I drained the oil it looked fine, dirty but not any strange color. I did the oil change at 5000 miles like it says in the manual. Might have been something left over in the funnel last time I did the oil change but idk... Anyone else seen this before or could possibly tell me what that crap was? Thanks

RRCanuck

Reaction score
The sludge is caused by moisture in your engine. If you do a lot of short trips without letting the engine fully warm up you will get this sludge.

Some have added a catch can to help reduce the amount of sludge but you should figure out how the moisture is getting in there first. Ive heard it can also be caused by a blown head gasket...

Fiddich

Reaction score
you should take a picture of it and upload it so we can get a better idea.

MplsX

Reaction score
It's just moisture from the cold damp weather combined with short trips. Just clean off the cap and forget about it.

Imprezz

Reaction score
Awesome thanks. Yeah I cleaned it up and I live in Kansas so its gotta be from the cold weather, plus I only drive 4 miles round trip to work everyday lol. Thanks again for the info

Top Bottom