Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whats the best double din

RedX

Reaction score
Looking for a navi/dvd for the xrunner. Just wondering whats the best company out there? Do the double dins work with the steering wheel controls? Any help would be great... thanks.

-Redx

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
eclipse in my opinion and they plug right up to the steering wheel controls. but there are tons out there, depends on money and what u really want in one!!

RedX

Reaction score
Yeah, looking to spend around 400. Want it to plug and play. Work with the steering controls. Have a back up camera. Navi/DVD/CD. Touchscreen.

rich017

Reaction score
For $400 you will not find a unit with Navi, backup camera and steering wheel control compatibility.

The steering wheel controls need an extra module to work. Navi units start around $600 for a decent one and a backup camera is always extra.

eclipse in my opinion and they plug right up to the steering wheel controls. but there are tons out there, depends on money and what u really want in one!!

Eclipse no longer makes aftermarket audio and the units they used to make are well outdated.

For a good Double Din, look into Pioneers (2010 and newer models), JVC and Clarion.

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
For $400 you will not find a unit with Navi, backup camera and steering wheel control compatibility.

The steering wheel controls need an extra module to work. Navi units start around $600 for a decent one and a backup camera is always extra.

Eclipse no longer makes aftermarket audio and the units they used to make are well outdated.

For a good Double Din, look into Pioneers (2010 and newer models), JVC and Clarion.

Well said. I would also have to add Kenwood. My buddy has a Kenwood double din with nav and I think it is pretty nice however fairly expensive. :dontknow:

rich017

Reaction score
Well said. I would also have to add Kenwood. My buddy has a Kenwood double din with nav and I think it is pretty nice however fairly expensive. :dontknow:

I have had bad experiences with Kenwood as well as a couple others I know of. They are also overpriced and outdated. Even their "newer" models. They do have a nice navi because they use Garmin...

I spent $800 on a new Kenwood unit just to have the pre-outs short out in a few months. Kenwood wanted nothing to do with it even though it was still under warranty. They just are not like they used to be.

Top Bottom