Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

where did you hide your wires?

Judas

Reaction score
Hey guys, those of you that have sound systems installed. I'm just curious about where you've chosen to hide the wiring.

Also, where in the firewall did you put the power wire through?
aswell as speaker wire through the doors?

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I followed the stock harness through the door.

For the power wire I went inside the frame and then came out of a hole that is kinda under the driver seat and went up into the cab through a grommet that is there. It should make sense if you look under there

I cant find a picture from the frame but u get an idea where the power (big white one) wire comer through into the cab

Last edited:

Judas

Reaction score
is the wire going into the center console the stock harness to the head unit?

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
That's the airbag sensor in the seat. Anything yellow like that in a car is usually related to the airbags.

justin13703

Reaction score
I ran my power through the big factory grommet in the firewall and then all the trim on the inside pretty much just pops off, hide it under there

06 xrunner

Reaction score
I ran my power through the big factory grommet in the firewall and then all the trim on the inside pretty much just pops off, hide it under there

Same with me and for the doors run the wire through the factory rubber hose by the hinges. I found it easiest to pop both sides off so you dont have weird bends to try to feed the wire through

Judas

Reaction score
thanks guys.
will all the wires fit nicely under the trim? (RCA, remote, speaker and power).

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Yep there's lots of room there man. Pop the plastic trim piece off that runs beside your seat and you will see. It just pulls right off just some clips holding them on

Judas

Reaction score
awesome. cant wait to take the truck apart!

STONER-X

Reaction score
Run the power wire under the cab near the drivers seat.... Look under the truck and you will see it.. Super easy... I don't have an amp under my seat so you do not have to take it out to get the wire..

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
If ya want a hand bro let me know, Guelph isn't far from me and I have had my interior apart a few times now lol

justin13703

Reaction score
thanks guys.
will all the wires fit nicely under the trim? (RCA, remote, speaker and power).

Make sure you run your power wires down one side of the truck, and your audio wires (speaker and RCA) down the other side. Running rcas and speaker wire right next to power wire will cause the system to pick up electrical noise and static.

Top Bottom