Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X-Runner Economy .Vs PreRunner

wshsbears

Reaction score
we have a close ratio 6spd. auto's have an economy focused auto.

i get about 10-14 depending where im driving and what im doing. i calculate it every tank of gas and in the past year there has been one tank that i got 15.3mpg on and it was when my dad and i went to tampa, drove around with the grandrents and drove back. so basically i got about 12mpg there and back, but while i was there i got about 20mpg :hmmmm2:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Yeah at about 125 MPH I am getting 4 MPG according to the scangauge. Driving normally though for economy I get 18-19 city and 23-24 MPG highway.

Different driving habbits may be the cause of such mixed numbers as well.

If you aren't very good at driving manual you may be in 1 gear to low for an extended amount of time while crusing which will eat away at your MPG easy (example: being in 5th when you could be in 6th etc...). Another thing that will give you real **** fuel economy is extended idling (just sitting in it running, or warming it up in the winter), that eats away at it pretty good too. Also stop & go traffic is a bitch for fuel economy!

Other things such as alignmeant, tire pressure, tire rotation, oil changes, type of oil, passengers/cargo, etc... Will play a huge roll in your fuel economy.

Switching to a high grade oil like Amsoil or Mobil 1 can raise your fuel economy by 1-2 MPG alone!

Last edited:
Top Bottom