Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Garage queens, turn away now!!!

Do i have the worse looking XR on XRU?

• Yes, you have the ugliest X-Runner i have ever seen

Votes: 28 19.7%
  • No, not so much ugly, as "unique"

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • Its beutifull in its own "special" way

Votes: 79 55.6%

• Total voters

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I figured now is a good as time as ever to admit i have a serious issue...im willing to bet, i have the most ***ked over (visually), X-runner on XRU. Yet, one with most "personality":laugh:Lets start with the basics...

i bought this truck, and drove it like a truck, i went mudding. Yes. You heard that right. And, some time while doing that, my cone filter came off... /facepalm. That was about 15k miles ago...Never doing that again...:top:Damn Toyota still runs, despite finding mud in places it should never be...

The i discovered...the fact that, one can easily drift an X-runner, but blown stock LSD was holding me back, so now i made my own "Miller locker" . Coming up on 15k miles with the Welded Differential, haven't looked back once. :eviltongue:

After that, modding exploded, just read my SIG...ROFL, Focused on the handling aspect...but then i came a across a deal to good to pass up...A URD MK1 supercharger....for cheap...So then i discovered the fun of boost+drifting, and now i need tires, again...and we can all imagine why :burnout:....I also added an Hydraulic rear brake, for you guessed it, drifting. :rock:

Now, at this point your wondering, what does any of this have to do with an visually ****ed over XR?

Well, lets say, i hit a few things.....:ahhhhh: And the mudding didn't do any good on the rear aero...So i have a bumper that is ziptied stitched back together, and no rear ground effects. And to be perfectly honest, i never plan on fixing it. I'd much rather pour my money and time into making it into the best drift truck possible...

Future plans include; watts link rear bar, roll cage+bed cage and front coil overs...:rockon:Keep on the look out, its happening sooner then i originally thought...:top:

Attachments

• IMG00292.jpg
    IMG00292.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 828
  • IMG00352.jpg
    IMG00352.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 579
  • 2010-12-17 05.28.51.jpg
    2010-12-17 05.28.51.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 3,499
  • washed and waxed.jpg
    washed and waxed.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 602
  • 164137_10150103554579669_757609668_7348518_1215657_n.jpg
    164137_10150103554579669_757609668_7348518_1215657_n.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 489
  • bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 479

X-roller

Reaction score
attachment.php

Need more info on this.....

Is this a custom e-brake?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Pretty much, i intersect the rear lines coming out of the master cylinder, and run braided line to this, then back to the stock line...The hydro its self, is half a cutting brake, used for off roading...

I have to pull my ABS fuses, other wise it doesnt do shit...I only used it breifly, becuase the seal is blown in the Hydro, so it started pissing fluid. I still, to this day, need to replace that seal...right now, the hydro is un installed. But it worked great!!!

808XR10

Reaction score
damn thats customizing right there....its a battle version XR:rockon:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
And, i better add this, this:

MODS, this is part build thread/part satirical poll. I don't think i broke any rules, if so, i will be more than happy to fix... :dontknow:

damn thats customizing right there....its a battle version XR:rockon:

Hahaha, great way of putting that! i noticed your Sig btw...

100% agreement right there!!!!:biggrin: Though i prefer, "inner beauty" I.E, more mods...

Last edited:

xr_sky1ine3

Reaction score
all i gotta say is wow! at least you dont have to wash and wax your truck!

08x

Reaction score
hey its your truck do what you want with it but thats also y i have a 4wd to beable to play in the mud and with that one im the same i dont care what happens to it as much its a truck

5000XD

Reaction score
It's a wonder the engine still runs lmao.

TRD-X

Reaction score
Pretty much, i intersect the rear lines coming out of the master cylinder, and run braided line to this, then back to the stock line...The hydro its self, is half a cutting brake, used for off roading...

I have to pull my ABS fuses, other wise it doesnt do shit...I only used it breifly, becuase the seal is blown in the Hydro, so it started pissing fluid. I still, to this day, need to replace that seal...right now, the hydro is un installed. But it worked great!!!

Bottom line is this you paid for it and it's your ride to do what ever you want with it.:top:

Now with that said I have money to play with my toys, but I would never just throw my money away trying to abuse a ride. Also I wouldn't never remove or disable the ABS or any saftey feature on a street car or truck.

It's a wonder the engine still runs lmao.

+ one on that.:top:

Jwall

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with being ugly... its still an XR, its just kinda.. well no offence becuase you do what you want but stupid to just beat it up like that you should go get a tacoma trd 4x4 then mud with that... you can make the xr a drift machine but why mud with it...

at least your willing to experiment lol, must be rich lol

Scarface

Reaction score
Are you the one on youtube taking his X off-road?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Are you the one on youtube taking his X off-road?

I had orginnaly tried to find a prerunner 6 speed...but that was like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. When I got my xr, I babyed it untilled I realized, underneith the purdy paint and fancy Aero, its still a truck. I haven't been "off road" in over a year. Like someone said, it was an experiment. Mainly to prove to all the pavement princess in the area, partly because it was fun as hell. There are no vidoes of my truck off roading.

And the reason the truck still runs, ITS A TOYOTA!!!:biggrin:

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Bottom line is this you paid for it and it's your ride to do what ever you want with it.:top:

Now with that said I have money to play with my toys, but I would never just throw my money away trying to abuse a ride. Also I wouldn't never remove or disable the ABS or any saftey feature on a street car or truck.

+ one on that.:top:

ABS system can't be used if I want to actually OPERATE the hydro. I can have it in, and the ABS still functioning. I just can't Yank that sucker a swing her out, which I shouldn't be doing on the street regardless.:rockon:

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
now that's what you call love. i beat on my taco every day as well. keep it up man!

Outburst

Reaction score
i actually didnt even recognize the engine bay untill i looked at it for a long period of time. pretty crazy man.

and in all reality, x-runners are still tacos. :top: the off-roading king.:rockon:

i have to see this with my own eyes one day since you also live in SD.

now that's what you call love. i beat on my taco every day as well. keep it up man!
"beating" on your taco. with all your love in the world..:laugh:

5000XD

Reaction score
I usually drive my truck as if I stole it (when I drive it), but I also maintain it.

And not everyone is the same, you have sloppy peeps and people that like to take care of there stuff and maintain the hell out of it. I'm one of the latter I guess.

It's still unclear to me why this thread was put up and especially named like this. Oh well.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I usually drive my truck as if I stole it (when I drive it), but I also maintain it.

And not everyone is the same, you have sloppy peeps and people that like to take care of there stuff and maintain the hell out of it. I'm one of the latter I guess.

It's still unclear to me why this thread was put up and especially named like this. Oh well.

I spend tons of money on regular mechanical maintenance....Just not visual. Full synthetic oil every 3k, for isntance.

Thread popped up as a partial build thread, and for the lolz, but unfortunately, the latter has completely failed...

Top Bottom