Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Garage queens, turn away now!!!

Do i have the worse looking XR on XRU?

• Yes, you have the ugliest X-Runner i have ever seen

Votes: 28 19.7%
  • No, not so much ugly, as "unique"

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • Its beutifull in its own "special" way

Votes: 79 55.6%

• Total voters

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thread has been cleaned - and those involved consider this your one and only warning. Next time people start posting screenshots of private conversations from other websites action will be taken (probation or ban). Private conversations are meant to be private and we enforce that here on XRU.

Now, in regards to the topic at hand - while I would never treat my truck that way, if it makes you happy to drive it like that THEN ROCK THAT! We don't all have to treat or mod our trucks the same way to participate in this community and we need to respect individuality rather than mock it.

darthyota

Reaction score
not how i would treat my ride man but i think the hydro ebrake is awsome though it looks like it could use some cleaning up. i would like to drift my truck other then in snow covered empty parking lots in the winter but im afraid of hitting something with my baby

X-Caliber

Reaction score
I thought my minor body damage, orange peeling, and cracked front lip was bad. I don't feel as bad anymore lol. I bet that trucks a beast though. Mine's been mudding a couple times, actually... Facebook pics on my profile lol. It's your truck man, do what you want with it. I'd like to fix mine up eventually but I'm in college right now and it's kinda turned into a daily beater.

I think it has personality bro, I wouldn't mess with it lol.

Mr.X

Reaction score
PROOPS i have a lot of friends that drift(here in so cal) and its a BALLS to the wall sport thats some sick stuff i baby my truck unless its in a straight line race ....hey how did u get that much angle???

trd_sport

Reaction score
holy shit just realized your engine bay is dirtier than mine!:adore:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Two things...one, what kind of rims do you have? And two, drifting on wet ground it is cheating...haha!

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Lets see some vids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any and all vids of legal motorsport, Gymkhana, auto x and drag racing can be found on:

San Diego Club Racing forum, found here: http://www.sdclubracing.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=2

I'm still not sure about the "street drifting" as I don't want to get the ban hammer. But I have vids of that also, K2, I'd be more than happy to link them, but untill I hear from you on exact rules pertaining to it, Im not posting those. I can email to them to anybody that wants them. (that's OK, I hope)

I will say this, its all in a industrial park, 2am ish, on Sundays or weekends, one way in, one way out. With someone watching the exit for cops and bystanders, so I like to imagine I did it in the most "legal way" possible. Its not like I'm drifting during rush hour traffic...a la Tokyo drift....

I thought my minor body damage, orange peeling, and cracked front lip was bad. I don't feel as bad anymore lol. I bet that trucks a beast though. Mine's been mudding a couple times actually... Facebook pics on my profile lol. It's your truck man, do what you want with it. I'd like to fix mine up eventually but I'm in college right now and it's kinda turned into a daily beater I think it has personality bro, I wouldn't mess with it lol

I'm in college too, and I also daily my x....she has. 134,400miles...it wont be changing anytime soon.

Two things...one, what kind of rims do you have? And two, drifting on wet ground it is cheating...haha

Rims are 95-04 mustang cobra R repilcas. They are dirt cheap, 130 a piece shipped...18x10s, bought them for the purpose, not the looks, personnaly I hate chrome/polished lips...lol. For drifting I stretch a sock size tires on the back, and what ever I can find, on the front.....I need a bolt on spacer for the front cause they hit the sway bar when I go to oppopsote lock when turning, but only when running 275's up there.

And yes, I can drift in the dry just fine, but tires are $$$...lol

sdxrunner619

Reaction score

Attachments

• 2010-11-12 21.57.02.jpg
    2010-11-12 21.57.02.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 194

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
X2!

Drifting...

Mudding... :hmmmm2: But like others have said, do whatever you want with YOUR truck.

Im on my droid, I'm not really in the mood to spend hours uploading and linking individual videos, check out SD club racing, if you can't bare to wait ...I will link some when I get home. :top:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Dude I think its fing cool that you have done good suporting mods to drift your truck. I play with my friends too but I have to work pretty hard. I look forward to see your cage:biggrin:

TegoXR

Reaction score
Ooh that poor XR but its nice to see it can take the abuse! :D

Grumpy

Reaction score
Keep your oil slightly above the full mark on the dip stick. Our oil pan have no baffle on the lower half and prone to oil starvation in those type of driving condition. You don't wanna find out the hard way.

Another benefit of having clean engine, at least on the outside, is they trap less heat in the motor. Motor radiate quite a bit of heat through its surfaces. Not as much as radiator would but every little bit help. Cooler engine temp = long live motor. Do it for the function, and not for aesthetic.

holy shit just realized your engine bay is dirtier than mine!:adore:

How about that....by a good margin too :laugh:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Keep your oil slightly above the full mark on the dip stick. Our oil pan have no baffle on the lower half and prone to oil starvation in those type of driving condition. You don't wanna find out the hard way.

Another benefit of having clean engine, at least on the outside, is they trap less heat in the motor. Motor radiate quite a bit of heat through its surfaces. Not as much as radiator would but every little bit help. Cooler engine temp = long live motor. Do it for the function, and not for aesthetic.

How about that....by a good margin too :laugh:

I already know about the oil starvation issue, i add 5 quarts every change. Im also closely following Coupe's build of a baffled pan. I also noticed a pattern with alot of videos i see of XR "donuts" on you tube, they are all bouncing the redline, and doing skill-less j-hooks... If you think about it, if you floor it in a circle long enough, you'll blow the engine for other reasons...:laugh:

My engine is about 10x cleaner than that now. I cleaned the $hit out of it, when i went in and re sealed the timing chain cover. :top: like i said, that picture was after mudding. about a year and 15k miles ago. :rock:

Dude I think its fing cool that you have done good suporting mods to drift your truck. I play with my friends too but I have to work pretty hard. I look forward to see your cage

The cage will take a while, cause my buddy is trying to locate a tubing bender... but the watts link will be done once i get some dimensions and advice form "oxi" and anybody else who knows about Watt's links. I have a good understanding, i just lack the experience. :top:

darthyota

Reaction score
if you do a search for threads started by oxi you should find his watts link build thread

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
X2!

Drifting... :top:

Mudding... :hmmmm2: But like others have said, do whatever you want with YOUR truck.

Your wish is my command:

some Gymkhana:, the run @around 2:20, is when my brake rotor exploded:ahhhhh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8sV8592A70&feature=player_embedded#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZCvL2wyvHU&feature=player_embedded (not me drving :(.....)

And some "carefully organized" street, dry drifting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_uVKawn9qQ&feature=player_embedded

Ignore the Nissan Hardbody, he's got other footage out there where he is also kicking ass and taking names:laugh:

And i have some more of everything, i just need to upload them and find them on my cameras and shit. :top:

Here are some pics from the Gymkhana, feel free to browse through them.

http://www.sdclubracing.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=2&func=view&catid=27&id=3451

if you do a search for threads started by oxi you should find his watts link build thread

I did, but i found only some pics, and no actual info. I need to PM him and see if he has any dimensions and stuff....:top:

Last edited:

Scarface

Reaction score
You know what... your x cleans up quite nicely.

Vince77

Reaction score
Looks like fun. :biggrin:

Post more when you can. :top:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Looks like fun. :biggrin:

Post more when you can. :top:

Unfrotunatly, the rest of the vidoes are on my friends phone, and it will take an act of Congress to get her to up load them...lol

I'm working on it, cause they are pretty ****ing epic....:TOP:

Top Bottom